The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-02-2002, 10:32 PM

Default Guild d4

Anyone ever try a guild d4? Musiciand friend has them for 499.99 w/ hardshell case, this seems like a great deal. can anyone tell me anything about this guitar. thanks

Steve
Old 03-06-2002, 08:27 AM

When I was first looking, I was comparing the D4 and Taylor 310. I ended up raising my pricerange a bit and got the Taylor, but the D4 was a great guitar, esp. for the price. I preferred the gloss finish and thought the D4 had more projection than the DV4 due, I guess, to the arched back.

I also came close to getting a DV52. Had a deep sound of the rosewood rather than mahogany. Sounded more like the Martins and Gibsons to me. The Taylor openess kept calling me back, however. Liked the Taylor ebony fretboard vs. the Guild rosewood, too.

Your price is better than the one I was looking at. Sounds like a good deals if it's calling your name.

Jay

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification