The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-21-2010, 02:38 PM

Default pimentel m1

does anyone have any experience or advice regarding a Pimentel M1 classical guitar?
Old 05-22-2010, 05:36 AM

I've always been curious about the Pimental guitars from New Mexico. The M1 is one of their student models but I believe still all solid woods (though I may be mistaken). It looks priced very well and affordable...
Old 05-22-2010, 07:31 AM

thanks.
I played it last night.
its a good guitar. it plays really nice. the action is a little high to me. but still it frets very very well. really easy to play. sounded pretty good.
I'd say its a step up from my 1977 takamine c132s.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:57 AM

Default Pimental guitars

I grew up in Albuquerque and my first real classical guitar was a Pimental (I've since sold it which I sometimes regret). I'm not sure about their numbering system, but from playing several and listening to others who owned their guitars, I would say they all have a lovely sound that is not mid rangey with nice trebles. They are not the loudest guitars, but I found them easy to play and they record very well. You can hear samples of the Pimental guitar I used to record my first CD by going to the following: www.facebook.com/desertguitar

Also, my old UNM guitar professor Michael Chapdelaine used a Pimental on his "Land of Enchantment" CD. I believe you can hear samples of that by going to www.michaelchapdelaine.com.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 06-28-2010, 11:37 AM

I used to have a Pimentel m-1 with cedar top and mahogany back and sides, it really turn out to be a very good instrument, i had to sell it because bad times hit me and because the general conditions of the guitar(it was falling apart) I really liked it though...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical