The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-03-2008, 07:04 PM

Default Boss Rc-20XL Question

When using the RC-20xl is there a way to shift between phrases that are empty?

I would like to build a verse or an intro and then switch to a different phrase to record a chorus or something like that. Right now it seems I can only do that if I had previously recorded something to that phrase.

So, for those with more experience, can this be accomplished or are the phrases just used for previously recorded material?

Thanks,

Dan
Old 03-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foutzdj View Post
When using the RC-20xl is there a way to shift between phrases that are empty?

I would like to build a verse or an intro and then switch to a different phrase to record a chorus or something like that. Right now it seems I can only do that if I had previously recorded something to that phrase.

So, for those with more experience, can this be accomplished or are the phrases just used for previously recorded material?

Thanks,

Dan
Hi Dan...
Avid RC-20XL user here. Nope, to do what you want with efficiency you need the RC-50.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 03-03-2008, 08:30 PM

Hi Larry...

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping you weren't going to say that... Are there any tricks you use to get around this? Right now I am either stopping what I have been playing and then restarting when appropriate or clearing the loops and rebuilding each time.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foutzdj View Post
...Thanks for the reply, I was hoping you weren't going to say that... Are there any tricks you use to get around this? Right now I am either stopping what I have been playing and then restarting when appropriate or clearing the loops and rebuilding each time.
Hi Dan...
Sorry - the RC-50 is the workaround. That or buy a second looper and use it alongside the RC-20XL.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification