The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-04-2002, 05:33 PM

Default Parker..yeah yeah not acoustic

I want to get a new electric guitar. I sold my other about 9 months ago to get my 555. I was thinking:
Fender American Strat (maybe fat strat, double fat, big apple)
Fender American Tele(one of the specials maybe)
or a Parker

I really like the looks of the parker, and the design sounds really good. I have heard a lot of good things about them. I will be playing a lot of styles, rock, jazz, blues, some heavier stuff when I get angry
So, I think someone mentioned parkers on here before. But tell me what you think about them? I saw a Fly Deluxe on ebay 2 days ago for $900, it was a 95 but only had one bad ding....seemed like a pretty good deal cause they sell new for $2000. I will either go a used higher end, or new lower end parker. Any advice?
Thanks,
Daniel
Old 03-06-2002, 09:47 AM

I love Parkers!

We have two Classics, a P-44 and a P-38.
Those Classics are the nicest electrics I've ever played. They just feel like "quality". The necks are very reminicient of Taylors in their ease of playing. I like the stainless steel frets; they look very clean. As for range of sounds, I found one I like and have left it there for the last year. Think I will check it out later today so I can give a better critique.
The P-44 and P-38 are much less expensive, heavier, and have the wood fretboards and standard frets. They still seem to have much quality for a Korean made guitar. I love the color on my P-38. Think they call it blue, but it's really green and yellow according to the wood grain. The P-44 is a beautiful understated charcoal translucent showing the flamed maple underneath. Classy looking instrument.
Off to play!
Old 03-07-2002, 08:52 AM

I don't have a Parker, but I was thinking of getting one. The built-in acoustic piezo pick-up seems like a really useful feature to me, although you could retrofit one of those onto a strat if you wanted to.

Ken
Old 03-07-2002, 10:00 PM

Ok, I played a few guitars yesterday and came to this conclusion: our Parkers are quite warm. Guess that's what attracted me to them in the first place. Personal opinion is that there isn't the range of sounds in the Classic as there are in the "lower" models. It can go from round warm to brighter, but isn't bright like a Strat. It can get in your face and very very present, but doesn't seem to sound like one you would hear some super rocker use. It got so sensitive that I could practically hear my fingers touch the strings before they actually did! When I played the P-38, it was much more "traditional" sounding. Warm to pretty bright, more strat like. Still love the necks on these.
We have a couple of Strats, some Tele's, even a G&L (nice!). I would be hard pressed to choose just one. The Parkers would be the last ones to go. Just before them would be my Tele's. I love my Tele's. The Strats we have for fun and variety. That G&L is a very nice Tele style. I like everything about it, including the more reasonable price.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification