The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-27-2016, 10:27 AM

I tried one and it was simply awful. Good idea and bad execution. That was the consensus opinion of others who heard the pickup as well.

Last edited by throbert; 03-07-2016 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Charter Member

I much prefer the Anthem over the Lyric. I just never could get a bass response out of the Lyric that sounded full to me. Doug Young (pickup guru and great finger style guitarist) says that over time we have become used to an exaggerated bass sound, so maybe that is it. All I know is I gotta have more cowbell, I mean bass baby.

I also didn't care for how the Lyric made the whole instrument "live." Ie, it is a pure mic, so everything gets picked up.

So anthem for me. If you can't stomach a UST, then the K&K isn't the same tone as a Lyric, but is another excellent option.

I can't speak from experience about the many other excellent pickup options available now days. (Dazzo, Feather etc.) We're spoiled for choice

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification