The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 12-25-2012, 09:59 AM

Default Merry Christmas!! (We Three Kings)

Wanted to wish a Merry Christmas to all my friends here and particularly all the very helpful members like Charles Tauber, Paikon and many many others who are always willing to share their knowledge.

This is me playing We Three Kings on a new Antonio Aparicio that I treated myself to for Christmas ... hardly perfect especially towards the end but I hope you enjoy it anyway ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AekglcA5vbg
Old 12-28-2012, 04:28 PM

Nicely done
Old 01-04-2013, 01:48 PM

Thanks Turp! Had a number of hiccups - it kills me that as soon as I turn on a recorder, I get all nervous and my playing suffers lol.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 PM

So here's the thing. I love my ASAT Classic hollowbody, the slim neck and semi-hollow make it the nicest guitar to play, especially live as it's weight and balance mean I can play for hours without getting shoulder, back and neck fatigue!

But although I love the feel and sound from the bridge pickup, the neck pickup sounds really thin. Everything I have read recently (ok, this evening), raves about the fatter sound from the G&L compared to, say, the "classic" Fender Telecaster.

I would love some advice from electric players who play a lot more electric than I do - overdriven I have no problem with any of the pickup settings, especially as the MFD pickups have such a high output and I can get delicious tones from crunchy blues up to hard rock sounds.

The trouble is when I am sessioning and need to dial in clean sounds. The neck pickup seems to lack any kind of substance, as if I had installed extremely light strings on the guitar - but I have always used light gauge strings (10s).

Could it be as simple as adjusting the pole pieces or will that only affect volume? Or should I opt for light top heavy bottom strings, eg 10-52?
michael jackson thriller jacket michael jackson thriller jacket
Old 01-17-2013, 07:33 PM

jimmy I think you might be in the wrong thread lol

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical