The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 07:01 PM

Default THANKS, ALL SOLD: Bourgeois D-150 Braz/Adi, H & D OM Custom, 5-String Fretless Bass

Getting a little older, have more guitars than I need and consequently some truly fine ones are not getting the play time they deserve. So I’ll start with these two, as well as a really nice Fretless 5-string bass (of which I have two, and only need one). BTW – all guitars have been meticulously cared for and kept in the case, when not being played, in a heat and humidity-controlled environment.

I have also done four deals -- three sales and one purchase -- on the AGF that went very well. Not interested in any trades thanks.

SOLD -- 2006 Bourgeois D-150
Bourgeois’ top-of-the-line dread with premium Brazilian and Adirondack. It has incredible balance and clear string separation, great dynamic range and sustain, a bottom end that growls without being boomy, and at the same time a tone at lower volumes that is angelic in its sweetness. As well, I’m pretty sure this beauty still has a ways to open up yet.

As far as condition goes, I would give it a 9.6. There are three imperfections captured in photos 15, 16 and 17 (see Photobucket link below). The first is a small scuff on the top back corner of the headstock. The second two – courtesy of an otherwise great guitar tech – are a very small finish crack and a tiny nick, both on the under side of the body. That third one is so small that it's almost imperceptible in the photo. Fretware is minimal.

The specs:

Top: Premium Adirondack
Back/sides: Premium Brazilian
Faceplate: Brazilian
Neck: Mahogany, low-profile, slick-feeling
Tuners: Waverly Gold
Rosette: Abalone
Fretboard Inlay: Abalone diamonds and squares
Fretboard/bridge: Ebony
Head/neck/body binding: Triple-layer ivoroid
Nut/Saddle: Bone (1-3/4“, with 2-3/16” at bridge )
Scale Length: 25 1/2”
Lower Bout: 15 1/2”
OHSC – Very good condition, a number of small scuffs

I think the black dot bridge pins are fossilized ivory as these are standard for the guitar. That said, I had some fossilized ivory pins custom-made with a tortoise ring around abalone that look fantastic on the guitar given the abalone rosette and tortoise pickguard. I’ll throw them in.

These guitars are usually about $8300-$8400 new on the street. I’ll part with this one for $XXXX to include PayPal and shipping. Great deal for a master-crafted, top-of-the-line Braz/Adi guitar in skookum shape.

19 Photos: http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/Am...rgeois%20D-150

-----

SOLD -- 2004 Huss And Dalton OM Custom
This is a great sounding and very classy-looking OM with some really nice upgrades, to include: a beautifully-grained Adirondack top; maple neck and body binding that beautifully offsets the EIR body and dark-stained neck; Gold Waverly tuners; rosewood faceplate; 42-style abalone fretboard inlays (IMHO much finer looking than the standard ‘stingrays’); custom, Bob Colosi, dark-stained bone bridge pins with abalone dots.

The tone is very warm and balanced, with a wide dynamic range that makes it ideal for fingerstyle, but it also has some real nice crunch in the bottom if you want to strum loud. And ergonomically, it is a wonderful, comfortable size. In short, it’s an exceptionally versatile and enjoyable guitar to play, as well as beautiful to look at.

As far as condition goes, I would give the guitar a 9.8 or higher. Frankly, it looks as though it could be brand new except for very minor fretware and one tiny little nick near the top of the headstock which is too small to be seen in a photo.

The specs:

Top: Adirondack
Back/sides: East Indian Rosewood
Faceplate: Rosewood
Neck: Mahogany, rounded medium-profile
Tuners: Waverly Gold
Rosette: Abalone
Fretboard Inlay: 42-style abalone diamonds, snowflakes, etc.
Fretboard/bridge: Ebony
Neck/body binding: Maple
Nut/Saddle: Bone (1-3/4“, with 2-7/32” at bridge )
Bridge pins: Bob Colosi custom-stained bone with abalone dots (I’ll also include the original ebony ones)
Scale Length: 25.4”
Lower Bout: 15-1/8”
OHSC – Interior is great, exterior totally functional but scraped up some (see photos). I can ship it with a Hiscox Pro-II OM case in mint condition (clean, no scuffs, has never left my home).

23 Photos: http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/Am...%20OM%20Custom

This guitar, if purchased new right now, would cost about $5200 on the street or more. You can have it for $XXXX with the original case or $XXXX with the mint Hiscox case, PayPaled and shipped.

That’s a rather fab deal for a custom, handmade guitar in near-perfect condition with some great upticks.

-----

SOLD -- Ibanez SRF-705 5-String, Portimento Fretless Bass

For all of you who also play bass or would like to dabble in it, this is a fantastic instrument in more or less mint condition. Personally, I love the sound of fretless bass, and with this one the 5th string gives you great versatility. I tune it to D, but most I guess tune it to B. I’m selling this because I have two 5-string fretless basses and only need one. Tonewise, it also offers great versatility, one option being the use of a Piezo pickup that provides a passable standup-like sound.

For the detailed description and specs, check out the Sweetwater website:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SRF705BBF

8 Photos: http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/Am...anez%20SRF-705

Here is a vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iGvtzBrVM
(there are a few good vids there)

A new will cost you $950 without a case. This one -- in A+ condition with a hardshell plush SKB in good condition -- I’ll take XXX for, PayPaled and shipped. That's not much money to release your "inner Jaco".

Thanks for your interest . . .

Last edited by MGTLT; 08-25-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:37 AM

Default About that OM Special

All,

I owned that HD OM prior to Scott acquiring it from me and it is a really exceptional instrument in every way. I bought it several years ago from another forum member who will say the same if he comes across this listing. Scott is a straight shooting forum member who knows international shipping and stays in good communication throughout the process, so if you are looking for an amazing OM, you can feel confident about both guitar and seller here. --Leigh
Old 08-09-2016, 11:10 AM

PM Sent on Bass.
Takamine EF240s-TT
Guild F250e
Guild DS240 Memoir
Martin Dread Jr
Epiphone 1964 Texan
Godin 5th Avenue
Godin Multiac Encore Nylon
Orangewood Baritone
Schecter C1 E/A
G&L ASAT Tribute Tele
7 - Fender Stratocasters
Fender '60 Jazz Bass
Lightwave 5 String Bass
Ibanez SRF 705 Bass
Old 08-10-2016, 06:40 PM

Fretless Bass Sold Bump
Old 08-11-2016, 01:28 AM

Hi Scott, I thought it would be okay and stick my head in here and let folks know that since I was one of those previous deals here on the AGF, I could let them know that you handled business first rate. Good luck Scott on the sale.

BTW, the Brazilian is killer!
Oregon Duck Fan
Guitars by: Collings, Bourgeois, Taylor
Pickups by: Dazzo
Preamps by: Sunnaudio
Amps by: Bose (S1)
Grateful
Old 08-11-2016, 05:17 AM

Much appreciated Vance.

Yes, I'm no doubt biased, but the Bourgeois is quite an instrument and it seems to me a pretty good deal given its condition and the cost of a new one.

Looks like the H & D is spoken for, pending payment, but I won't take it down until everything's complete.

Anyway, thanks again.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:04 PM

Huss & Dalton SOLD bump
Old 08-13-2016, 03:46 PM

Saturday bump
Old 08-16-2016, 06:12 PM

Tuesday bump
Old 08-17-2016, 03:33 PM

The Bass came in better than expected! A great deal from a great member, all the best to you Scott!
Takamine EF240s-TT
Guild F250e
Guild DS240 Memoir
Martin Dread Jr
Epiphone 1964 Texan
Godin 5th Avenue
Godin Multiac Encore Nylon
Orangewood Baritone
Schecter C1 E/A
G&L ASAT Tribute Tele
7 - Fender Stratocasters
Fender '60 Jazz Bass
Lightwave 5 String Bass
Ibanez SRF 705 Bass
Old 08-19-2016, 09:54 AM

Thanks Skip, much appreciated.

Hope you get a lot of creative enjoyment and great grooves out of it . . .
Old 08-22-2016, 10:13 AM

Price Drop Bump
Old 08-23-2016, 07:55 AM

I just received the H&D OM from Scott and it came exactly as he described.
Guitar was packed extremely well.
Heads up for an honest seller!

The Adi/Braz Bourgeois at $4250 is a no-brainer.
I paid way more for mine.
Grab it while you can!

Custom-order Crowdster Plus (on order)
CA Legacy Aura (sadly departed)
Lakewood D-32 (sadly departed)
Breedlove AD25/SR Plus (sadly departed)
Radial Engineering JDV MK3
Zaolla Cable
Old 08-23-2016, 10:20 AM

Wow! That D-150 shouldn't last long at that price.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:25 PM

Thanks Samuel,

Great doing business with you.

The H & D is a fine guitar. It was not easy to let go and I immediately began to enjoy seller's remorse after sending it off. That said, I'm sure you'll get a lot of quality play time out of it.

. . . And thanks Chedeng88. I'm kinda' surprised that no one has gone for the Bourgeois yet. Fab Braz/Adi guitar at a pretty unheard-of price. Maybe I'm meant to keep this one.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars