The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-15-2024, 11:31 AM
Charter Member

Default CH-PA RainSongs

RainSong made 191 of them. The CH-PA1100NS and CH-PA1100NSG are the same guitar but the G came with a gig bag instead of a hard case. That number includes both.
Old 01-15-2024, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbypad View Post
I don't believe they made any 1105 pure acoustic guitars...all have the barn door. I'd like a pure acoustic 1105, any model, with offset sound hole too.

I had a V-PA1100N2 parlor arrive today and N-JM3100 12 string Monday. SAS and BI-WS1100N2 two weeks ago. This Monday JM-4000 Baritone, V-DR1100N2 dreadnought and N-JM1100N2. Next week pick up very rare 1998 Classical Pimental model...3 others, all rare in queue....
Hey Robby… are you starting your own RainSong store? Lol
I have a V-DR1100NS (it’s phenomenal) and just received a CO-PA1000NS two days ago. I was really starting to think I was special until I saw your post. I guess you are expecting for them to increase in value substantially over the course of time. Hopefully you’re right!
Old 01-15-2024, 08:33 PM
Charter Member

Hi Sarah,

I have no intentions of selling my RainSong guitars. I purchased 17 in the course of three weeks, giving me 18. No barn doors, all acoustic, some with K&K, one by RainSong, the only one of that model, 2 by me. One of those I repurchased. Three are historic. One is the 1st ever steel string CF guitar, #5 CF guitar ever (#13 sn). One is 2nd ever CF guitar, a classical (sn #8). Ashvin kept #1 (sn #7) and the last one. One is sn #33, from 1998, a classical. I have the last sn of a number of models, a rare JZ1000, electric jazz solid body in mint condition from 1999. I could go on about some others, but you get the idea. It's a very cool collection of guitars that I've always liked....except for barn doors. When I travel, I take a RainSong.

Lastly, a lot of misinformation and speculation has been voiced about the end of the brand. They were not in trouble. They were profitable. They made the best sounding CF guitar and just maybe their founder and leader wanted to shut it down, not wanting the brand to continue. Maybe they were in a position to do that, walk away and enjoy retirement, on their own terms.

Good for them. Maybe they could have sold the name, the I.P., the molds, the assets, but maybe they didn't want to and didn't have to.

I think that is very cool, admirable and a definition of total success. They created a new product, were successful selling it the way they wanted to and walked away, again, on their terms.

Kudos to John Decker and Ashvin Coomar.

Robbypad

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber