The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-17-2008, 07:14 PM

Default two things

first, I'm very happy to be in such fine company. makes a body proud (and begin to plan for submissions to #2...)
second, and more important. in addition to my other musician duties, I host a radio show (acoustic routes) here in toronto sundays on ckln fm from 7-8 p.m. I wanted to let you all know that I played wade's cut this evening. it sounded great next to other bigger label releases, so good job on the mastering and the tune... I'll be spinning the other cut (except, of course, for # 15) through the coming weeks and months. playlists are available at www.ckln.fm. you can also hear the show streaming on the net. I'm away next week, probably back the week after. you can check my website for schedule info.
once again, kudos to all. good to be in such a talented gang, and I hope to meet many of you live sometime soon.
nz

Last edited by guitarman57; 08-17-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:00 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman57 View Post
second, and more important. in addition to my other musician duties, I host a radio show (acoustic routes) here in toronto sundays on ckln fm from 7-8 p.m. I wanted to let you all know that I played wade's cut this evening. it sounded great next to other bigger label releases, so good job on the mastering and the tune... I'll be spinning the other cut (except, of course, for # 15) through the coming weeks and months. playlists are available at www.ckln.fm. you can also hear the show streaming on the net.
And there you have it, folks. AGF CD Volume one is now getting real airplay. This is a wonderful day!!! Thank you, Noah.

JR
Old 08-19-2008, 11:09 AM

Well my CD was waiting for me on my return from holiday.

I can't wait to listen to it.

Cheers SAD

Benjamin Franklin

It don't mean a thing if you have a buzzing string.

ME!

-------------------------------------------------

Washburn D10SCE
Washburn WI66Pro
Eleca 12 String Dreadnought Acoustic (Pretty poo but stays in tune.)
Vox 30 wat amp

Last edited by sad; 08-19-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Charter Member

I was aware of this CD, but, I just didn't go to the effort to purchase one becuase, well, quite frankly, I didn't expect it would be anything but a collection of self-indulgent, meandering, drop tuned "songs" that are generally devoid of any melody as are so many "fingerstyle" CDs.

Then, I saw JR's offer of a free CD to the first 10 members to ask. Not being an idiot, I responded immediatly and was lucky enough to get my request in on time. So, after a couple of days, I crammed it into my player.

As already mentioned in this thread, my eybrows shot up at the very first song. Wow! Wade Thurman (with whom I am usually on the oppositie side of issues) can sing! Boy howdy! I was amazed that track after track was really good. Who knew that AGF was so full of really good players! And, my hat is completely off to the producers as well. A very professional job indeed.

Thanks JR for letting me get to listen to this excellent CD. I highly recomend that anybody get a copy of this first rate album.
LC
Old 08-21-2008, 11:19 AM

Got mine today also. I only got to listen to a few songs on the way back to work, but it sounded great. I'm looking forward to giving it a good listen all the way through, but I can already tell that it'll be my main source of music for at least the next few weeks.

If you don't have it, you need to order a copy now!
Searching for the right Esteban...
Old 08-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Conquistador View Post
I was aware of this CD, but, I just didn't go to the effort to purchase one becuase, well, quite frankly, I didn't expect it would be anything but a collection of self-indulgent, meandering, drop tuned "songs" that are generally devoid of any melody as are so many "fingerstyle" CDs.

Then, I saw JR's offer of a free CD to the first 10 members to ask. Not being an idiot, I responded immediatly and was lucky enough to get my request in on time. So, after a couple of days, I crammed it into my player.

As already mentioned in this thread, my eybrows shot up at the very first song. Wow! Wade Thurman (with whom I am usually on the oppositie side of issues) can sing! Boy howdy! I was amazed that track after track was really good. Who knew that AGF was so full of really good players! And, my hat is completely off to the producers as well. A very professional job indeed.

Thanks JR for letting me get to listen to this excellent CD. I highly recomend that anybody get a copy of this first rate album.
LC
Thanks for the nice review!

Yes, Wade can definitely sing, play guitar and write a good song. And that track along with the others are definitely proof of the quality of musicians we have on this forum.

Thanks again.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:18 PM

Being obviously less than observant, I did not notice this sticky, so let me add what I have written elsewhere:

Been listening to the AGF CD and I have to say that it's wonderfully put together with some top notch playing and singing. I've especially enjoyed the fingerstyle selections and Patricia Folkner's (great last name!) "The Hours after Dusk," and all are well done. I tip my figurative cap to all the developed talent on AGF!

Buy it---you'll enjoy the music and help support AGF at the same time. Can't beat the combination.

Bill
Old 08-24-2008, 04:34 PM

Default Nice selection

I'll say up front that I'm a jazz guy by training (though I am an occasional singer-songwriter), so the AGF CD was outside of my normal listening realm. I really enjoyed it, though - it's a nice varied selection, with a few iPod-worthy standouts! Check it out if you get a chance.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadus View Post
Been listening to the AGF CD and I have to say that it's wonderfully put together with some top notch playing and singing. I've especially enjoyed the fingerstyle selections and Patricia Folkner's (great last name!) "The Hours after Dusk," and all are well done. I tip my figurative cap to all the developed talent on AGF!

Bill
Thank you for the kind words! I guess it was fate I married a man named Folkner. (although I've kinda morphed into a jazz-ner...don't plan on changing husbands though! )
Pat
Old 08-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleyfolk View Post
Thank you for the kind words! I guess it was fate I married a man named Folkner. (although I've kinda morphed into a jazz-ner...don't plan on changing husbands though! )
Pat
I once had a bass player in my band whose last name was Funk! Talk about an appropriate musician name...
Old 08-25-2008, 07:00 PM

Thumbs up Wow..

I'm simply floored by the talent that is on this cd. I got mine today and I can tell you that this one will be in my cd player for a long while. I'm completely jealous all of your talent.

I now have a couple of favorites that I need to learn.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:17 PM

I received one of the "next 10 posts free" ones that came in the mail yesterday. I listened to it on my drive to the job-site today. The 1st I am sure of many listens.

I guess I am a glutton for punishment, because the songs are all so fantastic, they made me mad in realizing how far I have to go to become even barely skilled.

WOW - FANTASTIC - WHAT TALENT - these were the thoughts that came to mind. I am proud just to be sharing the same cyber-space as these folks!

I just paid for a Charter Membership as payment for this fantastic music. I'm thinking my title will be "the least I could do". Kudos to all musicians, producers, technicians, etc, involved. Among the best "sampler" CD's in my collection.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:38 PM

I listened to the CD while I was driving to work this morning, and I listened some more while I was tidying up my classroom for an upcoming school year (I'm a middle school teacher). I thoroughly enjoyed all of 21 tracks, especially the instrumentals. Highly recommended!
Old 08-28-2008, 10:24 AM

I was another of the lucky 10 to get a free copy and let me tell you all it is worth the cost to purchase one, so much so to me that I feel compelled to start making an annual membership committment.

As far as the music goes, I figured that it would be some good stuff but track after track had me looking for more! I would certainly be proud to call any of the offerings on the CD, my own effort! Some really good stuff, kudos to all the contributors and thanks to the management and members that made it possible.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:35 AM

Absolutely a great mix.
Kudos to the producer, very enjoyable blend of style and tempo. Thank you to all the AGF artists too, I do mean artist all, fabulous talent pool here!
Kids got the others

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=797065

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion