The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-28-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Confirmation

This might be a little silly, but I wanted to share the experience with all of you:

Have you ever had an unbelievable feeling of confirmation sweep over you, in regards to your guitar purchase? In October I took delivery of a beautiful adi/EIR Saville OM(deep-bodied) and fell in love. I realized immediately that it was a better guitar than my abilities warranted me owning. Since receiving my Saville I have not played any other guitars other than my beater(Seagull). Yesterday I went to a local guitar shop during my lunch break to test out the Shen 100. I didn't have my guitar with me so I just played a few of the shops guitars to get a feel for the amp. I played a Taylor 814, Martin OM28 Marquis, Larrivee LV10 and Taylor GS. They were all gorgeous guitars and sounded nice; however, I was completely unsatisfied with any of them. After 40 minutes of this I finally realized that I was so unsatisfied because I was spoiled by my guitar. These were no Estaban guitars...these were some high dollar well-regarded instruments and I wouldn't have traded mine for any of them. At first I thought maybe I was crazy for thinking this way, but quickly realized that wasn't the case at all. For the first time, I felt completely confirmed in the fact that my guitar was made for me...literally and figuratively. I left the store, forgetting why I even went in, on cloud nine. I by no means believe my gas is cured forever, but I know I have a keeper in my Saville. I've never been satisfied completely with any guitar purchase before this, so I was wondering if this is normal or just something special that happens every once in a blue moon?

**DISCLAIMER**
I am not affiliated with Saville Guitars, nor any other guitar company. The above statements were just made out of happy customerdom(I MIGHT have just made this word up )

Saville OM - Adi/EIR
Rainsong H-DR1100N2 FS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...45#post7101945
Yamaha AC3M
Yamaha FS800

Last edited by reddcee81; 12-28-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:50 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hi Chris,
That's certainly a satisfying feeling, indeed.

However.............Make sure your significant other never, ever reads this thread............unless you've already spilled the beans........

Best regards,
Howard
Old 12-28-2007, 04:25 PM

LOL...well, I'm not the sharpest knife in the block, but I figured it'd be a bad idea to share that with her Thanks for the advice and I will definitely heed(sp?) it!

Saville OM - Adi/EIR
Yamaha AC3M
Yamaha FS800
Old 12-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Charter Member

Ahhh, guitar love. It is wonderful. Good for you. Enjoy it.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Me

Chris,
That is so nice of you to say! I'm truly humbled.
Thank you for your kind words.

My daughter just read what you wrote and it made her cry.
Thanks again, you're the best!
Old 12-28-2007, 10:57 PM

Ahhh...well crap! I didn't mean to make the daughter cry. I'm a jerk...ok, so I'm not a jerk. I try to be as honest as I can possibly be, so I speak the truth Steve!

Saville OM - Adi/EIR
Yamaha AC3M
Yamaha FS800

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion