The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-25-2017, 07:33 AM

Default NGD -squier 51

wasnt sure what i wanted the past 3 years, my mind kept going back to a real fender strat, however i just didnt like the wider fretboard on them, finally, after owning one ages ago, i got that out of my system, ive been reading about the squier 51's- never played one, but like the idea of the coil neck PU and split humbucker bridge PU, i couldnt find a negative review anywhere other then its not a top level guitar- had it ordered from GC for 3months, every time i called i got a different story on the back order, i just felt like i was being lied too and put off, so i got it from Gearnuts, i found on amazon, i cant speak negative about them, but i wouldnt recommend them, reason is i asked if they would inspect it before shipping, and they said- no- its under $399, so its just shipped, when i did get it, the fretboard had a bump in it, no concern, i just scuffed it out, but the paint is a different story, actually a nice paint job but REALLY THIN, i can easily see the sections of basswood joined together, i inquired about this, if its normal, and never got a reply back, well, i like the guitar, so ill just keep, about the guitar, it does have the neck action and size i was looking for, the pick ups works as they should and do have a strong output, its does have a junky factory set up, so it will need that, anyway- back to gearnuts and amazon, the only reason i got it there was beacuse i got all amazon discounts offers, so it cost me $139 shipped, lastly, this 'vintage blonde' has a wide range of colors, it seems alot of the fresh models are almost white, which i didnt care for, thats it! go back to something important now!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg squier web.JPG (176.9 KB, 35 views)
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 05-25-2017, 07:59 AM

Congratulations on your new Squire!
Old 05-25-2017, 09:37 AM

What a great deal. Enjoy your Squire!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars