The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 05-21-2017, 07:32 AM

Default Martin Grosswendt Workshop Weekend of June 2nd Still Open!

I am posting this (for Jean, proprietor of Shaker Meadows) in the General part of AGF so it can receive a little attention. As of today, there is less than a handful of folks signed up for this workshop (including me). So this is shaping up to be an incredible private lesson for me and several others, but honestly, I'd like to share the wealth!

The venue is fabulous as is the food. And it's just a quick trip into the Berkshires.

Martin Grosswendt will host a 3-day workshop as part of Shaker Meadows Guitar Workshop series on June 1,2,3,& 4, 2017 in New Lebanon, NY (in the Berkshires). Go to www.shakermeadows.com for a description of the workshop. Fee: $625. includes accommodations, all meals, instruction and concert. Call Jean Cowhig, 518-794-9385 for information and to register.

I took a workshop with Toby Walker last year at SM and it was incredible. Also Mike Dowling does several workshops there each year.

Honestly, a live workshop can change your guitar - life

best,

Rick

Last edited by srick; 05-21-2017 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:29 PM

If I could organise it, I'd be there in a shot.
The setting looks idyllic for a long weekend just playing guitar, and Martin Grosswendt is an inspiring player and a great teacher.
Let us know how you get on, Rick !
Old 05-21-2017, 02:47 PM

Joe - Thanks for the good wishes - it should be interesting. Martin has a wonderful reputation with everyone he has influenced, but it's been tough to find a lot about his lessons on the internet; so I'll have to trust all the good personal reviews. We have a couple of friends in common and it will be fun to do that back and forth. Plus the setting is idyllic. Everything is provided and it's all about guitar.

This will almost be a one on one weekend and there's only so much that can be absorbed and developed in that time. This student is willing, but are his fingers and brain up to the task? At least when there's a larger crowd you can sometime slip to the back of the room.

Last year, (when I took Toby's weekend at SM) I played in front of others for the first time. Since then, I have done a couple of open mics and have improved immensely. We'll see what this session brings.

best,

Rick

Last edited by srick; 05-21-2017 at 03:13 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases