The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-19-2018, 07:59 AM

Default Headrush Pedalboard anyone?

Anybody using the Headrush with their acoustics? I. Was looking at the Helix, Helix lt and the Headrush to pick up and play around with. The Headrush looks much simpler to set up and generally gets very good reviews for sound.

Last edited by robj61; 01-19-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

I use the helix with my acoustic and it is incredible to say the least. Plus i have it set up so my acoustic goes through the aux in > xlr out and my electric comes into the guitar input and out of the 1/4 out. So I have patches set up where its just for my acoustic guitar and electric and allow me to switch. I run a big sky reverb but the reverbs in the unit are awesome. Its worth the money IMO and the headrush to me looks cheap. i know its a stretch but i would find the 500 extra and do it. take the time to learn the helix its daunting at first. but once you get it you wont be disappointing. Also the ability to add IR's is basically the best thing ever for us acoustic guys.
2017 Taylor 714ce
Old 01-19-2018, 12:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbelsch View Post
I use the helix with my acoustic and it is incredible to say the least. Plus i have it set up so my acoustic goes through the aux in > xlr out and my electric comes into the guitar input and out of the 1/4 out. So I have patches set up where its just for my acoustic guitar and electric and allow me to switch. I run a big sky reverb but the reverbs in the unit are awesome. Its worth the money IMO and the headrush to me looks cheap. i know its a stretch but i would find the 500 extra and do it. take the time to learn the helix its daunting at first. but once you get it you wont be disappointing. Also the ability to add IR's is basically the best thing ever for us acoustic guys.
I keep telling Line 6 to make a smaller Helix with vocal harmonies. It would be a total game changer.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
I keep telling Line 6 to make a smaller Helix with vocal harmonies. It would be a total game changer.
they would murder the competition, it wouldnt be fair
2017 Taylor 714ce
Old 03-03-2018, 06:54 AM

headrushfans.com

Many of us are using the HR for acoustic guitars.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:23 AM

I don't have the headrush (yet) but I'm using Avid's older unit, the eleven rack, with acoustics and electrics in full band and I'm REALLY happy with the tone.

Eastman E10OO
Eastman E1D
Eastman E1OM
Martin 000RS1
Eastman PCH-GACE
Recording King RP-06
Blueridge BR-40T Tenor
Gold Tone TG10 Tenor
Old 03-06-2018, 06:29 AM

Between the Headrush, Helix, Helix LT, AX8, and Kemper,,,,I chose the Helix LT for the form factor and sound. Routing and config are superior to the others.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification