The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-14-2018, 11:19 AM
Charter Member

I have long realised that i am old and nearly dead and have developed my own "style" and it serves my purpose.

I discover stuff every so often but my main objective is to maintain my limited but sufficient ability for as long as possible.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:00 PM

I am guilty of being hard on myself as well. Some days I get so frustrated I want to bite my fingers, they just don't want to go where I want them to. Other days they just seem to know where to go. It all depends on how relaxed I am at the time as well as how well I have warmed up my hands ahead of time.

During the bad sessions I take a break from playing for a while and then come back and try to play slower than normal with more focus. This usually helps me get back in the groove and then I can enjoy my playing more. I have made some progress and others seem to like how I play. We are our own harshest critics sometimes.
1992 Paulino Bernabe M-50
2005 Breedlove C-25 Northwest Classic
1968 Taurus model 56
2005 Dan Lankford 8 Course Renaissance Lute
old German Lute Guitar
1982 Yamaha G231 II
Old 01-15-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhu View Post
Nicely expressed.
Thanks. It works sometimes, this words/ideas thing
Old 01-16-2018, 06:22 AM

Location: Nowhere man please listen you don't know what you're missing

"Now listen to the rule of the last inch. The realm of the last inch. The job is almost finished, the goal almost attained, everything possible seems to have been achieved, every difficulty overcome — and yet the quality is just not there. The work needs more finish, perhaps further research. In that moment of weariness and self-satisfaction, the temptation is greatest to give up, not to strive for the peak of quality. That’s the realm of the last inch — here, the work is very, very complex, but it’s also particularly valuable because it’s done with the most perfect means. The rule of the last inch is simply this — not to leave it undone. And not to put it off — because otherwise your mind loses touch with that realm." ~ Alexander Solzhenitsyn, The First Circle

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic