The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-19-2014, 07:21 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Standard View Post
Martin is to steel string as Ramirez is to nylon string

10-4 on this...absolutely agree!
Alvarez Yairi CY-127-CE
Alvarez Yairi CY-140-CE
Old 11-19-2014, 09:27 PM

For many years Ramirez held the distinction of being the "Martin" of classical guitars. But they are now losing some of their market share to Cordoba.

I spent the last couple of months researching my next guitar purchase. I was looking for an upgrade from my student classical. I spent hours in here, at Del Camp and UMGF, researching past topics on buying. What I saw was a move to Cordobas.

Now the lower grade Cordobas, like the lower grade Martins, are at best student models. But if you can spend some money, just like Martins, the higher end Cordorbas are aurally impressive.

They impressed the heck out of my wallet too.
Garcia #2 classical
Cordoba C10 Luthier Series
Tacoma Olympia OB3CE acoustic bass

"I don't care what style you want to play. If you want to master good guitar tone, master preparation, attack and release first." ~ Paul Guma
Old 11-19-2014, 09:57 PM

@Rondoraymundo

I see your signature shows a Cordoba C10 , how does she play, i am saving my pennoes for one.

Dave
Justin guitar
Fredrick Noad
Old 11-20-2014, 06:54 AM

Dave,

I will probably write at length about my new C10 in the future and I am hoping to do a NCGD soon with pics...I just haven't had the time to do those pics.

In a word, she plays sweet and puts my student classical to shame. I can get a depth of expressiveness out of the C10 that I don't have in my Garcia, and didn't hear while playing other classicals.

Of course all the caveats apply; YMMV, and play before you buy. But I find that when I pick up the C10 to play, I find myself thinking the same thing I think when I pick up my Martin's: "Boy am I glad I bought this guitar."
Garcia #2 classical
Cordoba C10 Luthier Series
Tacoma Olympia OB3CE acoustic bass

"I don't care what style you want to play. If you want to master good guitar tone, master preparation, attack and release first." ~ Paul Guma

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical