The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-11-2010, 03:55 PM

Default Not that you haven't heard this before, but...

Hi,
I am naturally intrigued by the Guild Contemporary Series, CO-1 selling in the $600.00 range. After some research, I am aware of the bolt on neck-joint issue.
I cannot find one locally to play and inspect, so any purchase would have to be via an online seller.

Do you have any idea of the incidence and severity of the problem? Does it show up on, say 50%? Does it show up a year or 2 down the road? If the problem occurs, is the repair extensive? (And expensive!) Should I just steer clear?

Thanks for taking the time. Great forum-glad I found it.

Regards,
Steve

Last edited by saltek; 04-11-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:47 PM

Here is the information you are looking for, including a picture from inside one of the C models.

http://letstalkguild.com/phpBB2/view...2ac49a83da0593
Old 04-11-2010, 05:38 PM

Looks to have only one bolt holding the neck in place,with two on the underside of the top holding the fingerboard on.That could be why the necks are unstable.Curious to why they designed the neck block that way.
My Tunes
Facebook
Old 04-11-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResoN View Post
Here is the information you are looking for, including a picture from inside one of the C models.

http://letstalkguild.com/phpBB2/view...2ac49a83da0593
ResoN,

I haven't read all of the posts in the thread, but I think you have helped me considerably. Before I DO read them all, I'm getting the feeling it's a more complex matter, and the neck joint may, in fact be reasonably good if adjusted and maintained properly by someone who knows what they're doing.

More reading...
Thanks guys!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion