The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-30-2015, 01:41 AM

Unhappy CF inFrankfurt?

Hi all,

I live in Germany,this forum has infected me with the CF bug, but I just can't find any in the region that I can take for a test drive:cry . The Musikmesse is coming up in a couple of weeks and alas, I can also find no mention of anybody displaying CF there- darn! Does anybody have any indication otherwise?

www.majiken.de
Old 03-30-2015, 06:49 AM

I have yet to see one of these in the US but Levoria Guitars are on the web and on youtube. I can't give much detail about prices, etc. but here is a link to their website. Attached is a link to dealers in DE:

http://leviora-guitars.de/en/order/dealers/
Old 03-30-2015, 01:43 PM

Default Leviora

Thanks Sean, I've visited their website and am impressed with what I see, including a review by Peter Finger, Germany's top acoustic guitarist. The guitar he tested is/was on sale for 4,500 Euros, if I recall correctly-steep, but if he says it's worth it I believe him. I was also contacted by Stefan Schlemper, who has built at least one classical guitar using the same methodology as Leviora. Man, I really want to take a CF guitar for a test drive!

www.majiken.de
Old 03-30-2015, 11:30 PM

I had a Leviora in my possession for a week a while back (from a macnichol roadtrip) It really was an amazing guitar - super responsive, amazing to play, crystal clear sound. Super expensive too. Worth it? If that's the kind of guitar you want, but I'm not sure everyone does
Herrmann Weissenborn
Recording King RP-10
Recording King RG-35-SN Lapsteel
Maton 425 12-string
ESP 400 series telecaster
Eastman T485
Deering Americana Banjo
My Youtube
Old 03-31-2015, 12:31 AM

I think the review guitars are with all the bells and whistles. I think he could make a more plain guitar for less.
(Fan frets, binding, inlays, forearm cutout)
and a guitar-shaped-object
Old 04-02-2015, 03:13 PM

I have yet to pay that much for a guitar, but Martin, Santa Cruz, Taylor, Gibson & co. all have stuff in that price range and beyond. I have no issue with exceptional instruments commanding exceptional prices (at which a professional orchestra musician would probably yawn). 99.5% of my listening audience wouldn't hear a difference...

Hope I get to try a CF guitar sometime soon :-)

www.majiken.de
Old 04-02-2015, 03:16 PM

Thumbs up Landola

[QUOTE=perttime;4430386] I have a used Landola 12-string jumbo, btw- huge instrument, but sounds EXACTLY the way an acoustic 12 should

www.majiken.de
Old 04-03-2015, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majiken View Post
Landola
Landola made some good guitars - but they also made lots of cheap ones that aren't too good, so their reputation suffered.

... I'd love to try a carbon fiber guitar but there's little chance of getting one in my hands without ordering it from Germany, Ireland or UK.
and a guitar-shaped-object

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber