The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-02-2016, 05:11 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmsstrider01 View Post
All great info, thanks all.
Has anyone played a Sable. I really would like some feedback on this particular guitar.
Unfortunately, unlike most of the other CF brands/models, the Kevin Michael guitars haven't been tried much by AGF members. Maybe a couple of people here have them, hopefully they'll see this thread and reply. Not sure why, but price may have something to do with it.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:34 PM

Default Big guitar big sound.

I second Tom. I like a big sound. Rainsongs and a lighter the luck 13 I played was a little high pitched. I'm a Martin dreadnought guy and I'm looking for bottom. I have a big CA and recommend one of those.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:19 PM
Guest 928

Dadio;

Got my Parlor nylon string and haven't looked back. Portable, comfortable, tonal, projective; just sweet.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarDoc View Post
I second Tom. I like a big sound. Rainsongs and a lighter the luck 13 I played was a little high pitched. I'm a Martin dreadnought guy and I'm looking for bottom. I have a big CA and recommend one of those.
The OM and Jumbo Rainsongs have a surprisingly deep and clear low end, as well as terrific sustain. I use Elixer Nanowebs to cut a bit of the sparkle off the high end that occurs with 80/20s and PB strings.

2014 Pono N30 DC EIR/Spruce crossover
2009 Pono koa parlor (NAMM prototype)
2018 Maton EBG808TEC
2014 Hatcher Greta 13 fret cutaway in EIR/cedar
2017 Hatcher Josie fan fret mahogany
1973 Sigma GCR7 (OM model) rosewood and spruce
2014 Rainsong OM1000N2
....and about 5 really nice tenor ukuleles at any given moment
Old 11-03-2016, 07:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukejon View Post
The OM and Jumbo Rainsongs have a surprisingly deep and clear low end, as well as terrific sustain. I use Elixer Nanowebs to cut a bit of the sparkle off the high end that occurs with 80/20s and PB strings.
It's funny what we each hear as individuals. My Lucky 13 came with Elixer Nanowebs, and I took them off to cut some the highs, and provide better balance & clarity. I got exactly was I was looking for (a warmer, more balanced & traditional tone) with Newtone Master Class Double-Wound PB strings. They're perfect to my ear on this guitar...

Martin 000-28EC
'71 Harmony Buck Owens American
Epiphone Inspired by Gibson J-45
Gold Tone PBR-D Paul Beard Signature Model resonator

"Lean your body forward slightly to support the guitar against your chest, for the poetry of the music should resound in your heart."
-Andrés Segovia

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber