The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-17-2007, 08:00 AM

Default Help! Electric Saddle Issues...

Hi Guys,

Need help!

Trying to intonate my Parker PM20 Pro - I'm using med. gauge strings and every string except the low E intonates properly.

I think it's because the saddle doesn't have enough travel room and it won't go back far enough.

My question is: Is there a way to remove the individual low E string saddle, and then flip it around so it can go back a bit further?

You know how they normally look like this: |\ I want to do this /| instead so it has a bit more length to it.

SO FRUSTRATING!!! I can't seem to just knock out the screw... is this possible, or will it be too damaged.

Or if you have any other ideas that would be great!

SO FRUSTRATING!!!

(I also just bought the wrong size earvana nut, 11/16 instead of 5/8. I put it on anyways but, ugh, so depressing.)
Old 11-18-2007, 11:19 PM

Yo, Scotch. Have you checked out the Parker forum? There are some P-series owners there who can probably answer your question. Go to the Parker site(www.parkerguitars.com) and click on "Forum". Very cool guitars.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:25 PM

Is it possible that the intonation problem is with the nut? You mentioned that you put the wrong size Earvana nut on it. I don't know how good you are at filing nuts but if the nut isn't filed correctly it could affect the intonation. I would make sure the nut is correctly set up with the proper sized nut before make modifications to the saddle.

I'm assuming that you are doing the intonation with new strings?

Seagull Artist Series Mosiac w/K&K Western

Godin SDxt (GFS Vintage '59 humbuckers, GFS Premium Overwound single coil) --> Digitech RP250
Old 11-19-2007, 01:49 PM

Thanks guys.
I managed to switch out the saddle piece like I wanted to.

Even before I put on the new nut I couldn't intonate the low E string properly so I don't think it has to do with the nut...

Anyways, my experimentation continues...

At this point I'm thinking the standard way of construction is far from perfect but is a great compromise...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification