The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 01-02-2017, 05:35 AM

Default Euro spruce and Brazilian OM, now $4000

Here’s a link to a recording: https://soundcloud.com/dennisczech/s...ghardt-picking

Email: [email protected]
I am asking $4000 for this concert model built by Geza Burghardt of Vancouver: www.Gezaburghardt.com
Geza mainly builds classical guitars, which go for $20,000 and upwards: https://www.guitarsint.com/classical...cal_Guitar/466
He built this steel string concert some years ago for himself, and hardly ever played it. I have owned it for a couple of years, and it is opening up nicely. The condition is as new. Geza uses wood he acquired from Edgar Moench’s stash, so all woods used are at least 60 years old, if not much older. Everything on this guitar is made from the finest materials available, including Rogers tuners, ivory appointments and saddle. The guitar is built very lightly, and is an absolute cannon. The build quality is as good as it gets, simply flawless.
I’m selling because I have arthritis in my left hand and can now only play nylon string guitar, so am selling all my steel string guitars. I have 2 steel string guitars and 1 classical made by Geza, they are all superlative works of art.
 Lower Bout: 15 inches
 Upper bout: 11 inches
 Scale: 25.4 inches
 Action at 14th fret: 5/32 inch (3/32 with the alternative saddle)
 Nut width: 1 13/16; however, the actual string spacing at the nut is 1 17/32, which is identical to guitars I have with a 1 ¾ nut.
 Bridge string spacing: 2 1/4
 Top: best European spruce
 Back & sides: Brazilian rosewood
 Appointments: custom 5 ring rosette made from ebony, rosewood and ivory
 Back binding, purflings and centre strip are ebony, maple and thin green line
 Top binding: ebony; top purflings ebony rosewood and super-thin green line!
 Neck: 1 piece mahogany; there is no truss rod in the neck, and Geza assured me the guitar will never need a neck set. The neck is a fairly full C shape, showing a classical guitar influence, but perfectly manageable for those who like a bit of meat in their neck. If you are used to a super-slim neck, then this is not for you.
 Fingerboard: ebony
 Bridge: Brazilian rosewood
 Saddle: ivory; there is an extra saddle made of bone which gives a lower action
 Headplate: ebony
 Heel cap: ebony
 Tuning machines: Rogers 3 on a plate (current price: $648!!) with ebony buttons, Hauser style

The tone shows a classical influence, and sits somewhere between a vintage and modern sound. This is an exceptionally responsive and powerful instrument, with the level of balance you would expect from a top-grade concert guitar. The fundamentals are pure and proud, exhibiting that Brazilian glassy zing. There is enough sustain and overtones to make lingering notes satisfying to hold onto, and the bloom and decay of individual notes is evenly balanced.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars