The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-04-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Guitars View Post
Hey Jambi,

Some of the guys here kindly pointed us out. Send us an email over the weekend and tell us what you're looking for and let's have a chat and see what options we can come up with for you! We're always more than happy to assist as best we can! Our email is [email protected]

Best Wishes

Sean
Thanks so much for the reply. I actually follow you guys on FB as well and asked some questions because of my left hand infirmity and your company's enthusiasm for helping those so afflicted.

I may be a bit hasty in my interest as it will be some time before I have the funds required to make a purchase together, but Emerald will be at the top of my list when I do.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:32 PM
Guest 928

Has anyone on this forum tried a Klos? I pretty much stick to nylon string guitars but the Klos looks like it could be a good beginning, inexpensive, CF instrument. for steel string players. The question is, how does it stack up against(or with) the other CF guitars available?
Old 11-04-2016, 01:15 PM

My answer is also talk to Emerald guitars and see what they can do for you. My X20 is a great guitar and I am sure Alistair will work with you if at all possible. You might find that you won't break the bank too depending on what you want and what he can do for you.

You might also be able to find a used Rainsong or Blackbird near a grand and you are near the Rainsong mecca since they left HI, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. I saw a used lefty Lucky 13 at Guitar Center last fall for just over a grand and there is currently a lefty Rainsong listed in the used section, so I know they are out there.

Have fun with the searching and thanks for you comments from the other post. They were helpful. I pretty much stopped looking for acoustics for myself after getting two CFs although I could be talked into some variation of another X20 at some point (though I have to get it past my gatekeeper who will now only let "anatomically correct guitars" enter the house).

On another direction I am still looking for the 'perfect' electric guitar, but this is not the place for that question unless...

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber