The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-25-2007, 05:42 AM

Default What's your take on the Acoustic Image Corus?

The Acoustic Image Corus looks like an interesting new player in the acoustic guitar amplification market. Any AGF user feedback? Thanks!

http://www.acousticimg.com/products/prod_corus.html

Last edited by Dogsnax; 09-25-2007 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:38 AM

Hi Dogsnax,

I haven't used the new Corus but I do own an Acoustic Image amp. I have one of the older models - the Clarus 1R Series II. It is a 120watt amp head (@ 8ohms). I originally purchased it for my electric archtop however, I have used it quite a lot with my Taylor 912C.

My most recent pickup in the Taylor is a D-Tar Wavelength (which I like a lot). I use a single Yamaha 12" PA speaker with horn tweeter. This setup produces a very beautiful acoustic sound with a nice high end sparkle and a full, woody bass.

I have read very favorable comments on other forums about the AI Corus. You might check also check out goggle news groups rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz and do a search on "corus acoustic guitar".

Good luck in your search for information on the AI Corus.

Darryl
Old 09-25-2007, 08:09 AM

Thanks Daryl...great information.

I have a unique circumstance as I'm now playing all nylon string guitar music. AER has a newer amp out, the AER Classic, that is voiced for nylon string guitars. I have a K&K Pure Classic P/U in the Hill and also use the K&K XLR pre-amp. I've been reading some posts recently voicing concerns about whether the K&K pickups match-up well with AER amplifiers.

Thanks again for your helpful input!

Fred

Last edited by Dogsnax; 09-25-2007 at 08:40 AM. Reason: can't spell...too many games without a helmet.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:03 AM

Default Hi Dogsnax

I have been using the A.I. Corus for about 6 months now having got rid of my AER 60. and find it simply the best ever. I use it with my Gibson or D'Angelico archtops and it reproduces both guitars natural acoustic properties. It is very warm and hasn't the sometimes nasal sound of the AER.
Bags of volume. Have used it solo + small groups (4 trombones plus rhythm) + big bands in large halls. Only with one big band in a large hotel ballroom I might have been better adding an extention speaker. To sum up I am absolutely delighted with it especially as I had it specially imported to the U.K.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification