The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-24-2024, 05:46 AM

Default JWJ Guitars. Anyone Tried One?

Twice now I've come across a Guitar World article touting JWJ Guitars as “Quite simply one of the best ‘entry level’ acoustic guitars we’ve experienced.” Considering Guitar World's focus, that's a pretty strong statement to make. Their verdict pretty much says it all:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar World
For a little under £1.3k you’re getting a hand-crafted instrument made from premium bodywoods, a hand-applied nitro finish, upscaled hardware in terms of string pegs, tuners and so on... Put all this together with the JWJ’s sound, feel and addictive playability and the whole deal becomes something of a no-brainer.
Consider that in the same issue, Taylor's 50th Anniversary 814ce Builder’s Edition is also given the going over, which at $5K is an expected price point for a guitar of this nature, and the JWJ "Hog" is even more of a surprise.

Not everyone might think $1,600 (converted from pounds) is inexpensive for a guitar, but if a $5,000 Taylor isn't in your budget, the JWJ might fit.

Except I've never heard of them. Don't know if they're available outside the U.K. but it would be interesting if anyone's put hands on one.

Photo, from Guitar World:

Old 03-24-2024, 08:43 AM

These are made by a one man band in his shed in the UK. There are only a few stockists in the UK but growing all the time.

Gibson Songwriter Standard EC
Lowden WL-22
Maton SRS808
Taylor AD11-SB
Taylor 811 GT
Taylor Big Baby Walnut
Old 03-24-2024, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick84 View Post
These are made by a one man band in his shed in the UK. There are only a few stockists in the UK but growing all the time.
Then it's even more impressive that a publication like Guitar World would provide JWJ (Richard Jones - the initials are his father's and son's) such a platform of what amounts to free advertising!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion