The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-06-2024, 12:53 PM

Default Need a Fill Speaker- 2nd Bose S1 Pro?

I think at $150 less the Alto Busker makes a better solution. Louder with cleaner high end.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuqhZje2kYw
Old 03-06-2024, 01:30 PM

This is exactly what I did. After a few years using a solo S1, I added the Alto and it's been working great. To my ears, it's not quite as loud and clear as the Bose S1 but I don't need it to be. As someone who lugs way too much stuff around a big city all day, the lighter weight and smaller form factor are greatly appreciated.

Fingerstyle Guitar ~ Hammered Dulcimer ~ Clawhammer Banjo ~ Diatonic Harmonica ~ Anglo Concertina

Old 03-06-2024, 02:06 PM

I used to add an Alto 300 watt speaker to my Bose S1 Pro when I wanted to bit fuller sound.

When the new S1 Pro Plus came out, the older S1 Pro went on sale.
I got a second S1 Pro and really like the two together when I need more coverage.

The fact that they have battery power available is great for places that don't have power close to where I'm playing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification