The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-18-2016, 12:17 PM

I use the passive Radial ProDI (bit cheaper than the JDI, Radial transformer not Jensen like the JDI) with my active onboard pickups. It takes unbalanced (1/4")input signal and outputs balanced signal (XLR) to the Carvin PA.

I don't need to boost signal, since I have endpin preamps on both guitars. The Radial seems to widen the frequency response a bit and the tone seems nicely more musical and smooth, fuller, and more like my guitar with the ProDI.

You have to take it out of the chain (listen) then put it back in, to directly compare...but I do hear a nice difference that is worth it to me. I am sure most listeners in the audience wouldn't be immediately impressed by the difference, but they don't play/hear my guitar every day.

YMMV
Old 10-19-2016, 02:55 AM

Yes. I've never been able to find anything to could calm the sizzle and string noise in particular til I tried this. The price was right so I went ahead with the JDI. Now, it's as close to playing acoustically as I've ever been----and that makes me feel more confident and play better. That's worth every penny.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:09 AM

Thanks to many useful and interesting answer, I think I have to buy one to try, someone else who has some experience using Radial JID? ..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification