The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 12-02-2017, 04:13 PM
Charter Member

Excellent Glenn, you nailed it as usual! The 12 sounds fantastic.

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

Thank you Barry!

I really appreciate your listening and commenting! Glad you thought this came out okay!

- Glenn
Old 12-02-2017, 05:24 PM

Seriously Glenn, I think your recording hiatus may have been beneficial. Your Guild 12 string sounds great as always, but your voice to my ear sounds, if anything, better.

Glad your surgery went well, but don't push it too soon. My bro-in-law got impatient with his hip replacement, pushed the envelope on his recovery time causing complications and dodged a bullet almost having more severe problems.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailpicker View Post
Seriously Glenn, I think your recording hiatus may have been beneficial. Your Guild 12 string sounds great as always, but your voice to my ear sounds, if anything, better.

Glad your surgery went well, but don't push it too soon. My bro-in-law got impatient with his hip replacement, pushed the envelope on his recovery time causing complications and dodged a bullet almost having more severe problems.
Hi Nailpicker,

It's so great to hear from you! And thanks so much for the compliment about my voice.

You know, a lot of how my voice works out these days is dependent on what's in the air. We have a large hay pasture between our house and the river, so when they are cutting hay, it's hard on sinuses. Half of our acreage is in forest land, which is good for cutting firewood, but the alders are murder on sinuses. Behind our property is a huge tract of Weyerhaeuser land, so there are more trees to cause trouble. Then again, it's quite beautiful!!

I think right now the pollen count is down, so that is helpful. And you are probably right; the rest on my vocal cords was probably a good thing, too. It has been good to slow down for a while, really my first extended vacation since I graduated from college in 1970. It has been good to take it easy for a little while.

Also, thanks for your concern about my recovery. I am very aware of my limitations right now and certainly am taking your warnings to heart.

Thanks so much for commenting, Nailpicker. I always appreciate reading your reactions!

- Glenn
Old 12-02-2017, 09:42 PM

Hi Glenn...late to the party on this one, but wanted to compliment you on a great job with this. Nothing wrong with those pipes......great vocal sound! And, of course the 12 string......a beautiful beast, she is!
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium

Old 12-02-2017, 09:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandguitar View Post
Hi Glenn...late to the party on this one, but wanted to compliment you on a great job with this. Nothing wrong with those pipes......great vocal sound! And, of course the 12 string......a beautiful beast, she is!
Thank you Fred!

I'm glad this sounded okay to you! Thanks so much for listening and for your comments! It is rewarding to finally be able to make another video after a 6 or 7-week break.

Hope you are well!

- Glenn
Old 12-04-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Thank you Perry!

I never thought of it as a "renderin'"! You made me laugh!

- Glenn
Hey Glenn, sorry, guess I didn't read it earlier. Renderin is what we here in Nashville call good stuff. Also, hip joint replacement? You don't look near old enough for that!
Old 12-05-2017, 12:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looburst View Post
Hey Glenn, sorry, guess I didn't read it earlier. Renderin is what we here in Nashville call good stuff. Also, hip joint replacement? You don't look near old enough for that!
Hi Perry,

No reason to be sorry, Perry. I took "renderin" as a compliment, as you intended, so thank you!

Regarding the hip joint, without osteoarthritis, most of us would never need a hip joint replacement. My body is older than I look.

Thanks again for listening Perry!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell