The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 12:28 PM
Charter Member

Default 2000 Collings C10 Deluxe SOLD

Valuing honesty over salesmanship, let’s get this out there first: There are some finish issues. According to the previous owner, my luthier in Charlotte and Collings repair department, it was the result of something acidic in the case. Two spots on the guitar. See the pictures. Considering the rash doesn’t affect the tone, the result is an opportunity to own an otherwise perfect guitar. If that sounds to you like “aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?”, then this guitar isn’t for you. You should click your browser “back” button, now.

But, if you're still with me, you just might be willing to accept the finish problem in exchange for a great sounding guitar for a price that I think is the best bargain on the forum. $SOLD$ Firm paypal’d – buyer pays shipping.

Don’t be fooled by this guitar's parlor size. This fine example of Collings luthiery is a powerhouse proving that good things can come in small packages. Aided by the deep body design, this little guitar will go toe-to-toe with many dreadnoughts. Here’s what Collings has to say about the C10 Deluxe:

C10 Deluxe - Based on guitars first introduced around the same time as the OM, the Collings C10 is a leaner alternative, with the narrow waist and small upper bout resulting in a precise, focused response. Of all our acoustic models, the C10 is perhaps the easiest for electric guitarists to adapt to, thanks in part to the more rounded neck profile. The small oval neck heel is ideally suited to the optional cutaway, which allows unrestricted access to the upper frets. With its unique shape and asymmetrical headstock's lines echoed in the curvilinear pickguard, C10 models offer a welcome alternative for those who find that most small acoustic guitars look too much alike.

Top wood: Sitka
Back and Sides: E. Indian Rosewood
Headstock: Haircut
Nut width: 1 ¾”
String Spacing: 2 ¼”
Scale Length: 25 ½”
Neck Profile: C-Shape

Frets in great shape.

Last edited by NCBluesman; 01-28-2018 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:20 PM

That’s a great deal!,,,
Ibanez AS73 w/ Lollar P90s
Old 01-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishstick_kitty View Post
That’s a great deal!,,,
Thanks, Fishstick_kitty. It must have been. It's already sold. This is a lesson I learned from @cigarfan about a soft market. Price'em right and they don't stick around!
Old 01-28-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBluesman View Post
Thanks, Fishstick_kitty. It must have been. It's already sold. This is a lesson I learned from @cigarfan about a soft market. Price'em right and they don't stick around!
I thought about it for sure but I'm more of a hog fan. It was definitely a good deal. Not surprised. Congrats to the new owner.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars