The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 01-20-2018, 07:49 PM
Charter Member

Default (SOLD) Collings OM1 with 1 11/16” nut - Excellent!

SOLD

Hi AGF -

Selling a wonderful Collings OM1 with 1 11/16” nut. This guitar is all standard Collings spec and comes with original TKL case. Guitar is in excellent condition with no dings or dents - only light swirls on the pick guard.. No visible fret wear and has lived in a smoke-free, properly humidified environment. I am the original owner and bought the guitar new in August, 2017.

After Bill Collings passed away, I picked up 3 Collings OM’s all built in the Bill-era. This one was hand-picked for its warmth, sweetness, and open tone. It is an incredibly versatile guitar but, it is tonally very similar to another one of my OMs so, it does not make practical sense to hang on to it.

Shipping to CONUS only, and no trades at this time.

Plenty of references available upon request.

$xxxx, shipped to your door. If using PayPal, buyer covers fees. Guaranteed item as described.

Thanks, AGF!

Last edited by Kh1967; 01-23-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:57 PM

Is this the guitar you traded/sold your 000 for?

If that wasn't you then pardon my inquiry. Wishing that nut was 1 3/4 with a baked top. I'd be having a hard time turning that one down.

Best of luck with the sale.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunfoti View Post
Is this the guitar you traded/sold your 000 for?

If that wasn't you then pardon my inquiry. Wishing that nut was 1 3/4 with a baked top. I'd be having a hard time turning that one down.

Best of luck with the sale.
That was not me, but I do think I know the post you are referring to. Yes, this guitar is for the person who prefers the smaller 1 11/16" nut. I love it on a Collings but, know its not for everyone.

And, for baked tops...I have played some that I really enjoyed and others, not so much. Like all guitars, I think it just comes down to the individual guitar itself. From a resonance, volume, and open-ness perspective, this guitar will hang with the best of them.

Good luck in finding what you are looking for!
Old 01-21-2018, 06:57 AM

There is someone on the Collings forum looking for an OM with 11/16.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hag99 View Post
There is someone on the Collings forum looking for an OM with 11/16.
Thank you! Yes, we have been chatting.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh1967 View Post
That was not me, but I do think I know the post you are referring to. Yes, this guitar is for the person who prefers the smaller 1 11/16" nut. I love it on a Collings but, know its not for everyone.

And, for baked tops...I have played some that I really enjoyed and others, not so much. Like all guitars, I think it just comes down to the individual guitar itself. From a resonance, volume, and open-ness perspective, this guitar will hang with the best of them.

Good luck in finding what you are looking for!
Truly agree. Sorry for the confusion. And also, I'm not really looking for anything. And I shouldn't even be entertaining the idea of buying another guitar but you know... This site is really bad for people like me (maybe you know what I mean). I just love Collings guitars and I'm drawn to a good deal as well. This is definitely one of those items. I have a D1AV from 1999 and what Bill did with Adirondack and Mahogany is just special. I also enjoy the spruce tops as well.

Can't go wrong with this one.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunfoti View Post
Truly agree. Sorry for the confusion. And also, I'm not really looking for anything. And I shouldn't even be entertaining the idea of buying another guitar but you know... This site is really bad for people like me (maybe you know what I mean). I just love Collings guitars and I'm drawn to a good deal as well. This is definitely one of those items. I have a D1AV from 1999 and what Bill did with Adirondack and Mahogany is just special. I also enjoy the spruce tops as well.

Can't go wrong with this one.
No worries!

Yes, I know what you mean about this site...it can be a slippery slope. I share your love of Collings guitars - this one is a great example and the right person will come along and definitely be pleased.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:17 AM

Default great seller

bump for a 1 11/16" nut Collings and great seller. Even though this is called "standard," the narrow nut is hard to find. Makes for a very comfortable guitar for those of us with small hands. Om1s are really nice, lively guitars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars