The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 10-25-2014, 08:21 PM
Charter Member

Default ***SOLD*** Collings D1 Acoustic Guitar (custom)

***SOLD***

For sale is my 2013 Collings D1 acoustic guitar. Local sale only, SF Bay Area. Price: $2650

Dreanought size, 14-fret. Standard 1 11/16" nut width. Sitka spruce top with heavy silking, mahogany back and sides with a lot of curl in the wood. Ebony peghead overlay. This one has adirondack spruce braces and the "no tongue brace" option. I don't know if that's what makes this guitar sound so alive and deep, but it has "the tone" everyone is looking for. Deeper than expected bass and a wide open and alive tone throughout the register. Perfect intonation all up and down the fretboard. This was purchased in May 2013 from Gryphon Stringed Instruments in Palo Alto. Original ad here: http://gryphonstrings.com/instpix/36070/

My original review when I purchased the guitar is here:
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...83&postcount=1

I compared it to several other much more expensive guitars, including other Collings and a few Bourgeios with much more expensive specs like varnish, brazilian rosewood, etc. I was prepared to pay whatever to get the guitar I wanted and this one won out on tone and playability. Just a super strong, powerful and clear guitar. If you're in the market for a D-18 style spruce/mahogany dread you really should include this one in your shopping list. Condition is excellent ++. K&K passive pickup professionally installed by Gryphon.

I prefer local sales because I'd rather the player got a chance to really experience the guitar, and I'm not really interested in shipping it. This is a tremendous guitar and I'm sure the buyer will be excited to get it.

I'll be happy to send new photos to any prospective buyer. This is also listed locally on bay area craigslist.

Last edited by Dirk Hofman; 02-21-2015 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Guitar sold.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Charter Member

Bumping it up.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:27 PM
Charter Member

Bump. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Charter Member

Default Bump it up, Bump

I believe the lack of the tongue brace does open up the top to move more than a stock model. My D2HG has no tongue brace and when I bought it I played it side by against a stock D2H, D2HA and a D2H Madi/German which all had tongue braces. Mine without the brace had more sustain and was warmer and not as tight. I get more low-end growl from mine.

You are selling a nice instrument, hope you are successful.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars