The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-23-2016, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishrep View Post
This is my first post ever on the forum. I just received my x20 about 5 weeks ago. I absolutely love the position of the sound hole. It allows me to experience the nuances of the different tonal variations in this wonderful guitar. It allows me to hear and adapt and refine the sound. I have a number of high end Martins, a 714 cedar and even a CA Ox. This guitar is my favorite- because of the rich tone. Not sure i could give it up the tone of this guitar for the location of the sound hole. I also have the red color, and the guitar was flawless. You will not go wrong with either guitar, but I had to throw my personal experience. Good luck.
Welcome! Now that you've broken the ice, I hope you'll continue to share your ideas and experience.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:31 AM

Congrats on the new X20, they are a thing of beauty for sure, I think the position of the sound hole for 90% of people will work just great and it looks sharp, but in my case I have a hearing issue, and the soundport in my Blackbird 13 was very bothersome to me. It projects too much towards my face and ears and aggravates my tinnitus, ringing in the ears. So the traditional sound hole I think is the only way for me.
My Santa Cruz OO is Super loud and if it had a port on top I don't think I would be able to take it..but because I play with the guitar high and canted across my body that is a factor for sure.
When I order this guitar it is going to be pricey because of the options I have chosen so I want to get it right. Don't want to end up selling it later. Jerry

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber