The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-22-2015, 08:13 AM

Default Bose customer service!

I recently posted that my Bose Compact went out on me - lost the guitar channel. I called Bose the next day (they answered right away!) They said to send it in, cost is $175 - flat fee no matter the problem. I couldn't argue with that. I thought it would take weeks to get it back - they sent me an email a week laster - repairs are complete and shipped! I had the PA back in less than 10 days! That's true customer service -
Old 08-22-2015, 09:44 AM

Here in EU I had the opposite experience with Bose.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pojack1 View Post
I recently posted that my Bose Compact went out on me - lost the guitar channel. I called Bose the next day (they answered right away!) They said to send it in, cost is $175 - flat fee no matter the problem. I couldn't argue with that. I thought it would take weeks to get it back - they sent me an email a week laster - repairs are complete and shipped! I had the PA back in less than 10 days! That's true customer service -
Good to know if mine goes out. I only use the RCA jacks.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pojack1 View Post
That's a common result from companies like Bose. They take care of their customer's products admirably. But like most electronics manufacturers, at some point Bose will discontinue service on your product. Afterwards, secondary repair facilities may or may be available.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:20 PM
Charter Member

In the past few months Bose fixed the equalizer from my 1970's vintage 901 Series II's for a flat fee of $65, at their own facility, and I got my original back (not an exchange).

PLUS, they smelled a rat when someone tried to buy $1500 worth of stuff from them online with my debit card, called my card company and held the shipment until I called them! Only complaint is that they wouldn't tell me who made the order (so Beppo and Guido could pay them a visit!).

Bose is aces in my book!
Old 08-22-2015, 04:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ashton View Post
In the past few months Bose fixed the equalizer from my 1970's vintage 901 Series II's for a flat fee of $65, at their own facility, and I got my original back (not an exchange).

PLUS, they smelled a rat when someone tried to buy $1500 worth of stuff from them online with my debit card, called my card company and held the shipment until I called them! Only complaint is that they wouldn't tell me who made the order (so Beppo and Guido could pay them a visit!).

Bose is aces in my book!
Beppo and Guido are your percussionists, right?
Old 08-22-2015, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ashton View Post

Bose is aces in my book!
Old analog gear in one thing. Modern electronics with boards populated with surface mount chips is another. IIRC, Bose does not service the original L1 any longer.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:29 PM
Charter Member

Cool True, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
Old analog gear in one thing. Modern electronics with boards populated with surface mount chips is another. IIRC, Bose does not service the original L1 any longer.
While it is true that Bose no longer supports the old L1 Model I or Classic, they DO offer a generous trade-up allowance to get into one of the Li Model II systems... matter of fact, 6 months ago or so, I was an idiot and left my garage door open all night, and someone stole ONLY the speaker sections to my L1 Classic... which of course will be useless and unsell-able for anyone without the base unit to plug the things into and power them up!

After trying to get a line on other speaker sections and trying to track down my stolen ones, the guys at Bose bent over backwards to let me send them ONLY the base unit of my old Classic and they gave me full credit for the entire system, so I could get a Model II for $1050... which is a great price; not free, but far better than a new one would cost me... and this one is fully warrantied, brand new in the boxes... I kept my old B1 cabinet for the sub-woofer and already had one of the T1 mixer/tone generators... Bose even sent me the connecting cable and mounting bracket for the T1 to attach to the speaker column for free, just 'cause I asked...

The gear is pricey but they treat their customers very good... the fellow who helped me bemoaned the fact that they can't really help the European Bose owners the way they can do in the States...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification