The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-23-2015, 10:01 AM

Default Worth Upgrading Blackstar Fly3 to Roland Mobile Cube?

I am very new to amps and pickups, and I'm stuck in one of those positions where I had initially wanted to get the better quality / higher price Roland Mobile Cube but ended up being "penny-wise" and went with the Blackstar Fly 3 instead. I like it but I also don't have much experience at all with amps. And now I'm wondering if I should have just gotten the Roland Mobile Cube.

* Not for professional gigging - just practice at home, jammin on the beach, outside with friends, playing with others, that sort of thing.

* This would be for nylon string primarily both classical and ukulele.

* What I'm looking for is more volume but also a better tone. The effects are not a priority but I would consider that an added bonus.

* I know the Roland has 2 watts over the Blackstar and that's huge. But can I expect a far better sound fidelity as well?

* One thing that annoys me with the Blackstar is that I can hear ancillary noises like string rubbing and such but I think that's more the nature of the UST pickup than the amp right?

Thanks for any advice.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification