The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-22-2017, 03:05 PM

Default Tellico lake, Norris Lake, Knoxville area....

For many years on our drives to Florida I found these areas, now nice resorts, very interesting. A few years ago on our way down to Florida ...19 hours door to door, we stopped at Rarity Bay. What a nice resort. Knoxville is about 6 hours away from Columbus.

We love our SW Florida condo and plan to spend the winters there when we retire in a few more years. However, another part of me says...we would get more use out of something in this area. An easy 6 hour drive taking a lot of long weekend family trips there, and vacations throughout the summer months. So easy of a trip for our kids and grandkids vs. a 19 hour drive or expensive airfare. Wouldn't be my choice for the winter months as the temperatures are are only about 10 degrees higher than Columbus December-March.

I'm looking at several condos at Rarity Bay. Anyone familiar?
Old 05-22-2017, 04:19 PM
Guitar Gourmet

I'm not familiar with real estate in the area now but grew up there and spent many summers boating and camping on Tellico, Norris, Watts Bar, and Cherokee lakes. Its a lovely area.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 05-25-2017, 05:57 AM

Default Tellico lake, Norris Lake, Knoxville area....

Hey Horse. Interestingly enough, that area has been calling to me quite a bit over the past while. I don't know too much about it, aside from passing through on trips south, but it is gorgeous, temperate, closer than costal NC and still in close proximity to the beach. The stellar trout fishing certainly doesn't hurt either!
Old 05-25-2017, 12:11 PM

It is a beautiful area filled with mostly great people .
There truly is something to Southern hospitality .
For myself , I received a second chance in life while spending time in Franklin County TN . I can feel that area calling to me and after I have completed what I need to do where I am there is a good chance that I will be headed there .

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic