The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-23-2017, 10:04 PM

Default NBA playoffs

Great game by Kyrie tonight. Amazing the Cavs let the Celts come out so strong for so long. Bron Bron is insufferable. Warriors vs Cavs finals, yawn. Go Celts!
Old 05-24-2017, 03:42 AM

Yes. Very interesting stuff. The Celtics have people just where they want 'em. Riding high is when you get busted down a notch. Well, I pray. Green is good no matter what. Next year I understand the NBA is going to institute height and weight restrictions. No one over 5'10" and 175lbs. Also, they have decided to hire some sort of organized officiating.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:18 AM

Did anyone have any doubt that it wouldn't have been Golden State and Cleveland in the Finals before the playoffs started? Cleveland still needs 1 more win but I don't see them losing 3 in a row against the Celtics.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:15 AM

I've been a huge BB fan since the early 1960's, had LA Laker season tickets for 2 decades during 'Showtime' days. I've never turned off so many playoff games in the 1st quarter, ever. So many of these games are completely non-competitive. The NBA must be ashamed of their current non-product.
In one game, GS vs. S.A., the Warriors were about 32 pts. up in the early 2nd quarter, brought in reserves and increased to 42!!!
Old 05-24-2017, 12:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Did anyone have any doubt that it wouldn't have been Golden State and Cleveland in the Finals before the playoffs started?
Call me a homer or whatever but if the Spurs had been healthy I think they had a good chance of winning that series. Of course after Kawhi went out I knew it was over.

Some guitars
Old 05-24-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknow View Post
I've been a huge BB fan since the early 1960's, had LA Laker season tickets for 2 decades during 'Showtime' days. I've never turned off so many playoff games in the 1st quarter, ever. So many of these games are completely non-competitive. The NBA must be ashamed of their current non-product.
In one game, GS vs. S.A., the Warriors were about 32 pts. up in the early 2nd quarter, brought in reserves and increased to 42!!!
I was watching a sports show a day or two ago (it might have been PTI) and they mimic'd your opinion on what a terrible playoff year this is due to the blowouts and so few close games. Golden State going 12-0 (first team ever to do that) and Cleveland might go 12-1.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:06 AM

Say goodbye Celtics...we hardly knew ye.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 05-26-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Say goodbye Celtics...we hardly knew ye.
That was one of the most lopsided series ever, especially considering that Boston was the #1 seed.

Cleveland vs Golden State. Rooting for the Warriors for the championship.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic