The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-03-2018, 11:12 AM
Charter Member

Default ***SOLD*** - German Vazquez Rubio Estudio classical guitar

I love the sound of a nice nylon string guitar. But, I'm a steel string guy at heart who happens to be gas'ing for a new steel string; so, because I barely play it, I've decided to part with my beautiful G.V. Rubio classical. This model presents an incredible value, and because of this, it is the only guitar in its price range that Guitars International will even sell.

This is a Custom model, as it has a shorter scale length (640mm/25.2"), and an extremely comfortable slightly narrower nut width (50mm/1.97"), making it fantastic for both classical players and steel string players wanting a classical guitar. It's in like-new condition, looking just like the day I bought it, and has been stored in a temperature & humidity controlled, smoke-free environment its entire life. A wonderful playing/sounding instrument with great projection, tone, and responsiveness coming from its uber-light 3# 5oz. body. Key specs as follows:
  • Top - European Spruce
  • Back & Sides - Palo Escrito (aka, Mexican Rosewood)
  • Scale - 640mm
  • Nut Width - 50mm
  • Bridge String Spacing - 57mm+ (2.25")
Asking price includes shipping within CONUS and Paypal. Thanks for looking, and please, no trade offers...enjoy!

Martin 000-28EC
'71 Harmony Buck Owens American
Epiphone Inspired by Gibson J-45
Gold Tone PBR-D Paul Beard Signature Model resonator

"Lean your body forward slightly to support the guitar against your chest, for the poetry of the music should resound in your heart."
-Andrés Segovia

Last edited by drplayer; 07-01-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:15 PM
Charter Member

PM sent.

Mark D
Old 03-03-2018, 09:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDEMO1 View Post
PM sent.

Mark D
PM answered...thanks for your interest!

Martin 000-28EC

"Lean your body forward slightly to support the guitar against your chest, for the poetry of the music should resound in your heart."
-Andrés Segovia
Old 05-20-2018, 05:57 AM
Charter Member

Time to bump this fantastic classical guitar, built by Master Luthier German Vazquez Rubio...

Martin 000-28EC

-Andrés Segovia
Old 05-27-2018, 08:47 PM
Charter Member

I ordered one of these a while back and am hoping for delivery in a few weeks. I remember you posting about this guitar when I was doing my research. I ordered the same basic specs. Alas, I could have bought your guitar and saved a bit of money had the timing been a little different. Good luck with this sale.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagstaffcharli View Post
I ordered one of these a while back and am hoping for delivery in a few weeks. I remember you posting about this guitar when I was doing my research. I ordered the same basic specs. Alas, I could have bought your guitar and saved a bit of money had the timing been a little different. Good luck with this sale.
Thank you... Sorry about the timing, but CONGRATS on your upcoming G.V. Rubio. These are stellar instruments in every respect, and just an incredible value in the classical guitar world. I'll watch for your NGD, but I can't imagine you being anything less than overjoyed!

Martin 000-28EC

-Andrés Segovia
Old 06-09-2018, 09:15 AM
Charter Member

It's been a couple weeks, so time to bump this beautiful G.V. Rubio for your viewing pleasure...thanks for lookin'!

Martin 000-28EC

-Andrés Segovia
Old 06-23-2018, 05:58 AM

Default G.V. Rubio

Still available.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:09 AM
Charter Member

Yes it is...thanks for inquiring.

Martin 000-28EC

-Andrés Segovia
Old 06-23-2018, 12:21 PM
Charter Member

I really thought hard about buying this one, although based on playing other makers' guitars, I always lean towards cedar top nylon strings. I ended up getting a used Rubio Estudio with the 640 scale length and a french polish cedar top. The top is kind of beat, but sounds great. I took a chance and bought it on-line without playing it.

The OP's guitar is a great deal with the upgraded case and custom slightly narrower nut. The woods used in my Rubio are top notch and the workmanship is superb. Truthfully I was slightly surprised how good it is, even if my experience with classical models is limited. The woods used on this one look to be in the same category as mine, but the guitar appears to be in much better cosmetic shape and at a lower price than I paid.
Wish I had the room to try both.

Best of luck with the sale.

Mark

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars