The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-07-2018, 06:22 PM

Default Got myself a couple bday presents

Nothing super crazy, but I picked up a Electro-Harmonix Micro POG octave pedal and a Hercules three guitaf stand.

With a young child and cement basement floor I much prefer the stability of this sturdy well designed stand.

The Micro POG is just fun. I am a Jack White fan so maybe that explains it. Sometimes you just get the urge to make your guitars sound like a church organ... and if the urge dies, I got a killer used deal and could sell it for no loss.

Gretsch 6228FM
Fender Troy Van Leeuwen Jazzmaster
Michael Tuttle T style
Old 01-07-2018, 06:56 PM

Happy Birthday. Sounds like a couple of great gifts. Refresh my memory on the POG - what does it do?
Old 01-07-2018, 07:17 PM

Well, you can mix your dry signal with octaves below and/or above. You can loop some good bass stuff (with a looper or delay) by just going down with the octave, or play some pretty wild stuff. POG = polyphonic octave generator

Oh and thanks! Closing in on 40. Divorced not long ago and diving in majorly into the world of music has helped me productively channel negative vibes to positive ones!

Gretsch 6228FM
Fender Troy Van Leeuwen Jazzmaster
Michael Tuttle T style

Last edited by MIGAS79; 01-07-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich Novice View Post
Well, you can mix your dry signal with octaves below and/or above. You can loop some good bass stuff (with a looper or delay) by just going down with the octave, or play some pretty wild stuff. POG = polyphonic octave generator

Oh and thanks! Closing in on 40. Divorced not long ago and diving in majorly into the world of music has helped me productively channel negative vibes to positive ones!
That's right, it's an octave pedal. Music is a great way to channel those negative vibes into positive ones.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars