The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-21-2018, 10:25 AM

There's a lot to be said for a Fat Tele (Tele style with a neck humbucker) on the versatility front, and since yours has the hollowed out shoulder, you have Fat Thinline, which should confuse everyone you try to describe it too.

Congrats on the nice guitar!

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 03-22-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post
There's a lot to be said for a Fat Tele (Tele style with a neck humbucker) on the versatility front, and since yours has the hollowed out shoulder, you have Fat Thinline, which should confuse everyone you try to describe it too.

Congrats on the nice guitar!
Heck I'm trying to figure it out! Chick'n Pick'n to Jazz with a flip of a switch and a turn of a tone knob.

And thank you!
Old 03-22-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
Nice guitar!!! I love my G&L S-500. It's very robust and gets great sounds in the studio.

Bob
You know, I had a Strat once. And I find myself reaching for a wiggle stick with this Tele.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:45 PM

Just another Congratulations! to an old fart who plays guitar.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny K View Post
I'll be looking for a new tube amp. Probably a Hot Rod Deville or Deluxe Reverb. I've heard good things. LOL

+1 on the Fender Hot Rod Deville. I’ve got a USA 410 model and it’s awesome. Looks like it’s been gigged for twenty years but retubed and updated.
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer
Old 04-07-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT55 View Post
+1 on the Fender Hot Rod Deville. I’ve got a USA 410 model and it’s awesome. Looks like it’s been gigged for twenty years but retubed and updated.
I bought one of those bad boy's today, used. USA model. Missing the foot switch though. Super clean, tolex and speaker fabric in great shape.

I played it for over an hour. Once the tubes were warmed up, it was just outstanding on both the clean and overdrive channels. I didn't have my G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy with me, but the store had a pre '91 USA made ASAT Classic solid body. It was one made before Leo Fender passed, his signature was on it. Didn't take long to convince me that the Deville is a great amp.

And yeah, i'll probably add the the ASAT with Leo's signature to my collection. It never ends.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Congrats on your new G&L!!!! I think G&L guitars are seriously under-appreciated for how good they really are! Last year I bought a limited edition Legacy with a nitro finish that is great. And I've played many other G&Ls that were also great, and if yours is anything like the ones I've played it will be a keeper!
Oh I completely agree with this statement. G&L is very underappreciated but the ones who play them know better. Musicians that play G&L are crazy about them, almost tribal. G&L are some of the very best guitars money can buy. Leo Fender never stopped trying to improve on everything. It was a big part of what made him such a success.

Congrats!
Old 04-12-2018, 07:33 AM

New amp day! Fender HotRod DeVille 410, USA made. Year unknown. I've read the USA ones only go from '97 to '04?, before production moved to Mexico plant.

Got the amp taken apart, inspected and cleaned up. Previous owner put casters on it. You would have thought they would vacuum out the drill shavings. Idiot!

Still, it plays soooooo nice with the ASAT. That humbucker is smooth as glass on the clean channel. The over drive channels sound awesome as well.

Already looking at mods to improve it. Good thing I am handy with a soldering iron!

EQ's at Noon and just a little Reverb! Rock ON!

Last edited by Johnny K; 04-12-2018 at 07:43 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars