The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-03-2017, 10:19 AM
Charter Member

Default Activity on the CF sub-forum

Since NAMM, there has been a lot of activity on this sub-forum. Informative, entertaining... nice seeing all the interest!
Old 02-03-2017, 11:16 AM

I love seeing increased activity on the CF forum. It still amazes me that more guitar stores don't carry at least on CF guitar. The normal consumer still doesn't even know that CF guitars exist.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Charter Member

I agree... I'm enjoying more activity here too. I just ordered an Emerald last night, so I'm doubly excited!!!
Old 02-03-2017, 11:37 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
I agree... I'm enjoying more activity here too. I just ordered an Emerald last night, so I'm doubly excited!!!
Did you order a Chimaera, Kerbie?!

Yes, I'm enjoying the banter.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:44 AM

This is the forum I most frequently read and I'm happy there is so much interest. I love my Rainsong Shorty and am fighting GAS for an Emerald X20.
Pisgah Woodchuck open back banjo
A few parts built Telecasters
Fender Thinline Cabronita Tele
Fessenden D10 Pedal steel
1954 National lap steel
George Boards Weissenborn clone
Old 02-03-2017, 02:39 PM

I had stopped coming to AGF due to some acrimonious trolls a year or two ago. (This was before I learned about the "ignore user" function in the control panel, to block those "problem" posters). The CF room is the only thing that keeps me coming back. I do peruse the main room from time to time.

I would not even know about Emerald at all if not for this CF sub-forum, and will likely be ordering a Chimaera later in the year. It's great to see the interest and activity here, and interact with fellow CF enthusiasts.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Did you order a Chimaera, Kerbie?!
Hey Tom, no... too many frets to choose from!

I really wanted the old X-5 parlor, but I've got an X-7 Artisan on the books. I'm at the very bottom of the list right now.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
I had stopped coming to AGF due to some acrimonious trolls a year or two ago... The CF room is the only thing that keeps me coming back.
Earl, I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope that situation is a little better than it used to be... hope some of those problem children are gone. We'd like for you to stick around.

Last edited by Kerbie; 02-03-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:43 PM
Charter Member

Well, I still peruse the first page of the "Today on the AGF", but posts get logged so fast that I know I am missing a bunch of stuff there. But, I do read most things that get posted here on CF. Great to see all the activity!
Old 02-03-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Earl, I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope that situation is a little better than it used to be... hope some of those problem children are gone. We'd like for you to stick around.
Things ARE better, once I learned to use the "ignore user" function and applied it to certain names. PM sent to you just now with more detail. Thanks for reaching out.

I routinely pass that trick along to others that seem to be getting sideways with certain contentious posters. Every time I've thought about upgrading to Charter Member, another troll incident happens and makes me reconsider. Kids these days......
Old 02-03-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frances50 View Post
I love seeing increased activity on the CF forum. It still amazes me that more guitar stores don't carry at least on CF guitar. .
It amazes me that no shops in ARID-ZONA carry at least one CF guitar. If anywhere should be the mecca of CF instruments it ought to be Phoenix with our standard single digit humidity.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 02-03-2017, 08:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiberty View Post
It amazes me that no shops in ARID-ZONA carry at least one CF guitar. If anywhere should be the mecca of CF instruments it ought to be Phoenix with our standard single digit humidity.
I haven't been by there recently, but the last time I was in the Sam Ash in Glendale, they had some RainSong guitars.

And, it is only 5.5 hours to LA Guitar Sales from the Phoenix area.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Perhaps we can convince Ted to set up an Arizona branch of his enterprise, to plant the carbon guitar flag where it's truly needed. While he's at it, I would love his shop in my neck of Wisconsin. It may not have beaches, great weather, movie stars and sunshine - but we do have...hmmm, um, well...we got snow. Clouds and cold too. Oh yes, and cheese! Lots of that, and beer. And how 'bout them Packers!

On second thought, perhaps he should stay in LA and AZ...
Old 02-03-2017, 09:13 PM

Haha, this is kind of the laid back, worry-free zone of the AGF isn't it ?

Don't see much here about humidity control, loose bindings, cracked tops, neck re-sets, buffing out dings, , , or ToneRite !

It's practically all just NGDs around here !

Of course I still have several wooden ones to fret over (with apologies ).

And I enjoy all the funnies and cut n thrust of the open mic
Old 02-03-2017, 11:58 PM

Quote:
I was in the Glendale Sam Ash store just after Thanksgiving, and they had four Rainsongs on the wall (two parlors, one WS-1000, and one Hybrid OM, IIRC).

You are 100% right - CF should be far more popular that it seems to be in the ultra dry desert. But CF guitars are not the norm, are rather expensive, and acoustic guitar players are a hide-bound bunch of traditionalists. I got into Rainsong while living in Alaska, where winter heating drives the indoor RH down into the single digits, just like AZ.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber