The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-03-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryfly View Post
I have been dealing Chris at Composite Acoustics/Peavey with my issue and want to report that they are a pleasure to deal with and going to take care of me big time. After examining the Cargo I sent back to them with the "wolf" note the CA Luthier was puzzled but verified my issue and decided to sent me a new guitar.
I'm very pleased.
Steve
This is the kind of outcome we expect, and like to hear about. Congrats, and let us know how you like the replacement.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:57 PM
Guest 928

This is the ultimate in service. Peavey was painstaking when bringing CA back on line. The company had established a timeline, but ended up pushing it back several times in an effort to bring out the best possible instrument. Peavey has done a great job in breaking into the cf market and its actions with Dryfly illustrate a high level of integrity. I think we are all blessed with the contemporary cf makers.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:41 PM

Default New Cargo Issues Resolved

Received the new model OK last week and it is without flaws.
Having been without it for the three-four week turnaround I found that I
wasn't really missing it. I've decided not to play it and sell it as new in the
classifieds.
Carbon Burst/Electronics/Gig Bag.

Last edited by Kerbie; 02-17-2017 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Edited
Old 02-17-2017, 07:27 PM

I have in the past had guitars with issues of varying severity and fought problems on some that got me so frustrated with the guitar that even after I finally got it resolved,,I no longer wanted it, can wear you out on some.
Had a very expensive Bourgeois that a Luthier screwed up, took in for a simple knock down of a couple fret ends and he cut a bevel on all the frets and the first string then was to close to the edge on the first five frets and kept slipping off,,very irritating..I could have refretted but just sold it off letting the new owner know why, he didn't care.
So I understand your feelings about it.....
Old 02-17-2017, 07:32 PM
Guest 928

Jerry;

Well said.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber