The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-31-2018, 09:53 AM

Default NGD - Martin M-36 - wow

I just received a 2017 M-36 from Maury's. I was looking for a thinner bodied guitar, as I have a 1969 D-18 that I'd rather not bring out to gig with anymore.

I also had a 2016 Gibson Hummingbird Pro that I loved the sound of but the thickness of the neck shoulders caused some nerve pain in my left fretting hand, so I had to sell that.

I was looking for a rosewood guitar with a 1 11/16 nut width and a lower profile neck, and stumbled upon the M-36 at Sam Ash. The pre 2018 version has the 1 11/16 and the low profile neck. I was blown away by it and ordered one up.

I then installed the K&K pre-phase preamp, and absolutely love this guitar. I have a Duncan MagMic in my D-18, but am so blown away by the K&K pickup that I'm seriously considering putting that into the D-18. The guitar just sounds so natural with the K&K, and I cranked the volume well above what I would use onstage and did not have any feedback at all. I was very surprised by this, reading all the concerns about the K&K and possible feedback.

Anyway, looking forward to using the M-36 and breaking it in.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:55 AM

YaY! I've adored them since they came out and finally got my own a couple years ago. Enjoy in good health for a long time!

rct

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion