The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-20-2018, 08:04 AM

Default First NGD x2 in years

A couple months ago I lost a couple of acoustic guitars during a break in and theft of my apt. They were old beater Japanese guitars that I used for busking. They weren't worth anything to anyone except me. One was a 40 year old Yamaki dread and a no name classical guitar with a broken tuning key.

Anyhow... one day a couple of weeks ago I was at my local favourite music store looking around. I tried out a few used acoustics they had for sale but none really felt or sounded great to me except a used Samick LC-015 nylon string guitar. All laminate construction but very well made, solid with a straight neck. The action was just a little high for my taste but there is plenty of saddle left to sand down and lower the strings. The neck angle is fine. For sale at $99. Ok... I put it aside to try out a brand new Cort AF510 open pore finish grand concert steel string acoustic. Also all laminate construction but very nice! Perfectly set up too! It was for sale at $130.

So... I bought both the Samick and Cort with a gigbag which can be used for both! I usually deal with one of the co-owners of the shop and he took $10 off the price of the used Samick since I was buying both guitars. These guitars will do nicely for the summer busking season.

Sadly my camera was stolen during the break in so no good pics just yet. I did take a pic of the Cort though using my cheap low resolution tablet camera.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:21 AM

Sorry to hear about the break in. Good that you found two replacements. I try to understand the reasons why some folk are thieving scumbags but it's difficult.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:10 PM

That sucks about the break in, man. Congrats on the new guitars!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion