The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-17-2018, 11:00 AM

Default Goat Whiskey Picks

I recently asked for advice on using a thumb pick as a flat pick. Got some great advice, but the best was the recommendation to wait for Mick to reach out.

I ordered 2 different hybrids and they both were perfect. Just what I needed.

He responded to every PM w/the quickness and the picks got here a lot quicker than expected.

I even had a follow-up question and darned if we didn't have the matter settled in about 5 minutes...

He's definitely earned my respect and future business...

Thanks again, Mick!

Denver
Old 03-17-2018, 11:53 AM

How is it going trying to strum with a flat-thumbpick? any success?
Old 03-17-2018, 12:16 PM
AGF Sponsor

I enjoy reading this kind of post. Nicely done Denver, and way to go Mick!
Old 03-17-2018, 12:18 PM

Great...surprisingly easy. I hold it just like a flat pick.

Take a look at his site. He make some hybrids that are triangular like a flat pick on a thumb pick clamp. I got a couple different kinds and there was no real learning to it.

My thumb's been giving out on me after a few minutes playing and this is just what the doctor ordered...

He's got a good variety of flats too...check him out (not a paid spokesperson)!
Old 03-17-2018, 01:25 PM
AGF Sponsor

Mick makes some really good products and runs a very responsive and tight ship, with an excellent focus on customer service.

Bravo, Mick!

scott memmer
Old 03-19-2018, 03:59 AM
Charter Member

Good morning guys. I don’t have a chance to get on much on the weekends and completely missed this thread. I really appreciate the shout out Denver and thank you very much for your business. If anyone has any questions please feel free to shoot me a message anytime.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 03-19-2018, 06:23 AM

I ordered a flat pick from Mick a few weeks ago. I wasn't quite sure how the Reverb site handled the bevel option so I just emailed Mick right after the purchase. He was back in touch very quickly. I got the pick in just a few days.

As for my thoughts on the Goat Whiskey flat pick, I'm liking it more the more I use it. I thought the grip felt slick when I first got it but that turned out to be a false impression. I don't know what happened but the grip is solid after a couple times playing. The playing feel is smooth and fast. Plus, it gives a different sound than my Blue Chip picks. It's nice to have sound options. Two thumbs up and a high recommendation to Mick and his picks.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnez13 View Post
I ordered a flat pick from Mick a few weeks ago. I wasn't quite sure how the Reverb site handled the bevel option so I just emailed Mick right after the purchase. He was back in touch very quickly. I got the pick in just a few days.

As for my thoughts on the Goat Whiskey flat pick, I'm liking it more the more I use it. I thought the grip felt slick when I first got it but that turned out to be a false impression. I don't know what happened but the grip is solid after a couple times playing. The playing feel is smooth and fast. Plus, it gives a different sound than my Blue Chip picks. It's nice to have sound options. Two thumbs up and a high recommendation to Mick and his picks.
Thank you very much! I don't try to market my flatpicks as "better than a..." but the quality is on par with the premium picks on the market and the tone is definitely amazing. I feel like it brings out more of the wood tone in a good guitar. I've got a pick pouch on me all the time filled with premium picks from other manufacturers along with mine. They are all great tools depending on the job.
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

Old 03-19-2018, 08:51 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Thanks for the review. I have a couple of Mick's thumb picks and really like them. Great products and great customer service. Haven't tried the flat picks - yet.

Best,
Jayne
Old 03-19-2018, 09:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
Thanks for the review. I have a couple of Mick's thumb picks and really like them. Great products and great customer service. Haven't tried the flat picks - yet.

Best,
Jayne
Jayne, what are you waiting on??? LOL I'm pretty sure you were my first customer when I started GWP and you've been a great supporter. I really appreciate it.
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

Old 03-19-2018, 10:45 AM

Mick seems like a nice guy. We should all try some of his Goat Whiskey Picks. Maybe some Charmed Life Picks, as well? Oops, sorry Mick, no swearing allowed.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar george View Post
Mick seems like a nice guy. We should all try some of his Goat Whiskey Picks. Maybe some Charmed Life Picks, as well? Oops, sorry Mick, no swearing allowed.
LMAO!!!! Charmed Life Picks doesn't qualify as cussing, Scott's a buddy and actually got me started in the pick business. But he's already got more money than a dang Rockefeller so buy one of my picks first.
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

Old 03-19-2018, 03:04 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Whiskey Picks View Post
LMAO!!!! Charmed Life Picks doesn't qualify as cussing, Scott's a buddy and actually got me started in the pick business. But he's already got more money than a dang Rockefeller so buy one of my picks first.
Hah! Mick is always hitting me up for a loan, but I don't have nearly as much money as he thinks I do.

I think it's great that both our businesses were born right here on AGF, and Mick and I always do our best to promote not just our own ventures but the category as a whole. I'm pleased as punch that he's been successful, and always will be.

Play On!
Memmer
Old 03-20-2018, 10:05 AM
Charter Member

Looks like this thread sparked some new interest. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm shipping new orders as fast as I can get them to the post office. Thank you to everyone on AGF for the support. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion