The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-20-2016, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandobart View Post
I'm a big fan of my AG300. I just use a cheap Kustom passive 8 ohm speaker cab as my extension and it works great.
That's not a very confidence inspiring endorsement Mando, at least not for anyone familiar with the cheap passive Kustom speaker boxes. Can this combo really sound ok?
Old 10-21-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyg1 View Post
That's not a very confidence inspiring endorsement Mando, at least not for anyone familiar with the cheap passive Kustom speaker boxes. Can this combo really sound ok?
I had the Kustom three-way passive speaker years before I bought the Carvin. I picked it for nearly free at a garage sale. When I got my AG300 I plugged in the Kustom as an extension cabinet just to see how it would sound. Surprisingly good. My point in posting this is that any 8 ohm paassive cabinet will work with the Carvin acoustic amps. You don't have to buy the Carvin extension cab, though I'm sure it works great.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfa View Post
I also have an AG300 arriving tomorrow! Very eager to plug in. Assuming that it's satisfactory, I'm going to get the 300AGE extension cabinet. That should make a nice modular system with the amp for playing at home/goofing around, and the extension cab for more PA-like situations. Please report back on how you like yours.
my AG300 arrived today, and i've been giving it a whirl for the last few hours, wow. it'a powerhouse for sure. i mentioned before how the AG200's bass was curiously amazing(for the twin 6.5"), so i would expect nothing less than huge low end with the AG300(12"). man, as i play low alt tunings, i have to dial my low down to 1. my one gripe is only being able to use one effect per channel. sure i can run two lines from most of my guitars, but it would be cool if they had a better effect setup. to my ears, i think i'll be good with my AG200 & 300, i think my search is over. can't wait to gig with these and see how they really perform

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification