The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-16-2017, 11:28 AM

Thanks everybody! I just ordered a Crossrock TSA case. I'm skeptical since I've never seen one in person, but it was only about $120 with free shipping and return. So I figured it'd be worth a shot. The Hiscox stuff and Gator Journeyman cases are definitely on my radar, though!
#3 Album on the Folk DJ Charts Apr 2016
Winners of American Songwriter Magazine's 30th Anniversary Song Contest
"An incredibly promising debut" -Maverick Magazine
www.thedeephollow.com
Old 12-16-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Yates View Post
I've bought them there too. Wonderful company and service BUT they can no longer sell Hiscox cases to the US due to their dealer agreement. I ordered one recently and they cancelled the order, with a very nice apology and explanation.
Found this out just now, much to my chagrin. My order was cancelled.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:24 PM

mwalk, found a mint lightly shop soiled Hiscox Pro 2 GAD for $175 https://shop.gryphonstrings.com/prod...dnought-52143- .

Grab it before someone else does. You save a $100 for insignificant marks that will occur with use anyway.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
mwalk, found a mint lightly shop soiled Hiscox Pro 2 GAD for $175 https://shop.gryphonstrings.com/prod...dnought-52143- .

Grab it before someone else does. You save a $100 for insignificant marks that will occur with use anyway.
Thanks! Just ordered it! Got two cases coming now haha, but will return the Crossrock.
www.thedeephollow.com
Old 12-19-2017, 09:35 PM

I got the Crossrock case. I was planning on returning it anyway since I've got the Hiscox on the way. I wanted to report, though, that the Crossrock case is TERRIBLE. Like, I've never seen a case this bad. I had an epiphone case that was subpar a long time ago, but it was like a Calton compared to this. With all the latches closed, there's about an inch (no joke) of opening at the bottom. I mean just terrible. Maybe others have decent ones, but I'll never bother ordering one again.
www.thedeephollow.com

Last edited by mwalk; 12-19-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:12 AM

Musician's Friend is discounting 10% or 15% off the usual prices of Hiscox Cases until the end of 2017. Free CONUS shipping.

Pretty good deal, if you ask me, especially for someone who likes the Hiscox Ivory Cases http://www.musiciansfriend.com/searc...rrencyCode=USD
Old 12-27-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalk View Post
Hey all. So I just got a D-15M and not crazy about the case that came with it. Anybody have any recommendations on a decent hard case in the $200 or less range? I could maybe go a little more but we'll see.

This guitar is going to be a gigging guitar but mostly regional stuff at this point - no air travel. So something sturdy would be good, but I don't think I need Calton or Hoffee level protection. I've seen the Crossrock fiberglass cases online. Those are tempting for the price point but wondering if they're too good to be true? Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!
I was pleased with the Silvercreek case that I got for my reso. It's made for a classical guitar but fits the reso quite well. They have their dreadnaught cases available at Musicians friend & other online retailers, generally about $80.00...arched top, nice green crushed velvet interior padding, 6-latch, nice padded handle...lot of case for the money.
https://www.wwbw.com/Silver-Creek-Vi...xoCTTQQAvD_BwE
Taylor 412K ('96)
Yamaha LL16-12 (SOLD)
PRS 'Studio' (SOLD)
Rickenbacker 660-12 (SOLD)
Fender USA Deluxe Strat
Fender USA Roadhouse Strat
Fender MIM/USA Partscaster
Fender MIM Nashville Tele
Kelsey Custom Hardtail Strat
Fender MIM P-Bass
Old 12-28-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtheaxe View Post
I was pleased with the Silvercreek case that I got for my reso. It's made for a classical guitar but fits the reso quite well. They have their dreadnaught cases available at Musicians friend & other online retailers, generally about $80.00...arched top, nice green crushed velvet interior padding, 6-latch, nice padded handle...lot of case for the money.
https://www.wwbw.com/Silver-Creek-Vi...xoCTTQQAvD_BwE
Agreed. I have a few Silvercreek dreadnought cases. They are not top of the line, but they are probably the best bang for the buck. Just a step behind the Martin Geib-style cases, but with better-lasting handles.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion