The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-20-2017, 01:58 AM

Default Ellipse Aura Input Trim pot

Has anyone got one of these Ellipse Aura or use to own one?

The reason I ask, I just purchased a used OMC-28e with the "Ellipse Aura" recently and there is a slight hissed coming from my Fishman amp which I assume by dialling the 'Input Trim pot' will help eliminate.

Have you dialled the "Input Trim Pot" before? Do you have to remove the strings first and screw/unscrew with a small screw driver? Or do you leave the strings on and do it? I'm also having trouble identifying if the dial is a screw. Cheers
Old 05-20-2017, 03:46 AM

For any control inside the soundhole that you cannot set with just your finger, I always recommend to at least loosen your string. For the ellipse aura, since there is an LED indicating your level, you do want your strings intact. Also according to fishman, you will have to enter measure mode to do the adjustment. The trimpot is set by using a small flathead screwdriver.

Yes, keep loosening and tightening the strings is troublesome. However it is meant to be a one time setup so just take your time and should be all good
Old 05-20-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawliet View Post
For any control inside the soundhole that you cannot set with just your finger, I always recommend to at least loosen your string. For the ellipse aura, since there is an LED indicating your level, you do want your strings intact. Also according to fishman, you will have to enter measure mode to do the adjustment. The trimpot is set by using a small flathead screwdriver.

Yes, keep loosening and tightening the strings is troublesome. However it is meant to be a one time setup so just take your time and should be all good
Thank you Lawliet..........I'm not too sure if the adjustment screw is there or missing inside the trimpot. I torched in the hole and can't seem to see a screw, or could I feel a groove where the screw driver fits when I apply the screw driver.

It is a screw right? I just hope it hasn't fallen out or something. But in saying that, I can't see anything missing, just a white material of some kind. Not sure. I'll check it out again later. Thanks Lawliet.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongie View Post
Thank you Lawliet..........I'm not too sure if the adjustment screw is there or missing inside the trimpot. I torched in the hole and can't seem to see a screw, or could I feel a groove where the screw driver fits when I apply the screw driver.

It is a screw right? I just hope it hasn't fallen out or something. But in saying that, I can't see anything missing, just a white material of some kind. Not sure. I'll check it out again later. Thanks Lawliet.
No problem. There should not be anything that can easily come off, just the knob itself is quite deep from the opening

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification