The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-15-2017, 01:53 AM

I think the mike on the board looks great as well, can I ask where did you get the attachment for the stand
Cheers Steve
Old 05-15-2017, 03:27 AM

Short piece of pipe and a pipe flange found at lowes. The holding screw also came from Lowes. I had to have someone bore and thread the pipe for me. I took a hacksaw and also shortened my mic stand a few inches on each segment so it would fit into my pedalboard soft case.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:33 AM

Powered speaker is a Powerwerks 150 with the short pole which fits into it's compatible Powerwerks sub. However I often don't take the sub along for small groups. Last night I did a neighborhood thing with just the top unit on a standard speaker stand. Plenty loud enough for no more than 50 people. The sub does add a lot to it.

https://reverb.com/item/1026827-powe...eM8P8HAQ&pla=1

https://reverb.com/item/4515476-powe...J38P8HAQ&pla=1

Don't have any pictures of this together.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:12 AM

Thanks for the info
Old 05-15-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post

Marty, that's a very clean looking setup. You gave me some ideas to consider. Can you share some pictures of your mic/guitar stand? I think that might be the most interesting aspect. When you consider how much space these things take on the floor, that's ingenious.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:49 PM

Dave,
I am traveling this week. I will get you some pics when I get home. What would you like to see?
Old 05-15-2017, 10:39 PM

Default How 'bout those Acoustic Rigs (3rd try...)

Quote:
Dave,

I am traveling this week. I will get you some pics when I get home. What would you like to see?

Hi Marty, I'd like to see how you attached the mic stand mount to the pedal board as well as the guitar hanger. I'm also curious about the red box.

In fact, if you don't mind sharing the models of each that would be great. I'm strongly considering stealing your idea lock stock and barrel. :-). I'll give you credit and put a "designed by Marty" sticker on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2017, 08:25 AM
Charter Member

Here is mine. The strymon is the best pedal I have ever owned and it was worth every penny. The cloud reverb adds a dimension to the sound that magnifies the essence of music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 Taylor 714ce
Old 05-20-2017, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Hi Marty, I'd like to see how you attached the mic stand mount to the pedal board as well as the guitar hanger. I'm also curious about the red box.

In fact, if you don't mind sharing the models of each that would be great. I'm strongly considering stealing your idea lock stock and barrel. :-). I'll give you credit and put a "designed by Marty" sticker on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Mueller-Pro...ttings/4330096

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Mueller-Pro...itting/4330190

Can't remember the mic stand. I think it was a Proline. Not in front of my equipment. The pedalboard is a Pedaltrain jr, I think. I could only use three holes of the pipe flange which I bored through the pedaltrain and bolted it down with lock washers and nuts from the bottom. With recessed heads on the top. I cut the threaded end of the top of the pipe nipple, just for a cleaner look.

Can't find the knob I used to hold the mic stand in place, but also found it in a drawer at Lowes. Also hope I picked the correct ID for the pipe flange and nipple in my posting above. I just remember the OD of the mic stand was 5/8". I just measured at lowes and got what fit.

The little red box is funny. I think it was a package that a wallet came in. I velcroed it to the pedal board and use it to hold picks, capos, etc. The lid on the box just holds everything in place so it stays put in the case.

I did trim about 2" off both sections of the mic stand. The pedalboard came with a soft case and the mic stands original length was too long to fit in that case. I leave the mic on the stand and put a heavy cover on it. I think I used a driver cover from my golf bag. I have to remove the iPad holder to get it to fit in the case.

The guitar holder works well. From a standing position, it hangs perfectly. From a sitting position (when I play sitting on my stool) the guitar is held upright by the guitar holder; however rests on the cable/input jack on the floor. I have a Martin dread, but sure it depends on scale and length of your guitar.

Should have looked you up and introduced myself. I was in Chicago all week. I apologize that I didn't, but I am there about 5 times a year. I will try to take advantage next time.

Hope this helps and I know pictures say a thousand words so I will try to get them soon.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:32 AM
Guest4562

Quote:
Here's mine. Also mixer on my pedalboard. As well as mic stand. The boss looper has been replaced by a Baggs para di.

Now this one I like, particularly what you've done with the mic stand - is that a plumbing flange? And the mixer on the board - why not? I have mine on a stand next to me, but I hardly touch it during a show, and it's another thing to set up, tear down and carry. I get the utility of what you've done and it's given me some ideas.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Mac View Post
Now this one I like, particularly what you've done with the mic stand - is that a plumbing flange? And the mixer on the board - why not? I have mine on a stand next to me, but I hardly touch it during a show, and it's another thing to set up, tear down and carry. I get the utility of what you've done and it's given me some ideas.
Yes, it is a plumbing flange. I can't remember the size.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:44 PM

Marty, you were in Chicago all week? Missed opportunity! Next time you're in town send me a PM and we can meet up and maybe play a few tunes, or hit an open mic. Thank you for taking the time to share all the information about your board. I'm going to study it a little. Need to decide what I'm going to build and what I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification