The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-05-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post

Thanks much old friend! There's something new shaping up in our shop with "St. Bob" penciled on. Gonna be sweet.
I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Can we do a thread? Can I wax on you and '00'?
Collings SJ Braz/Ger, 000-42Koa, UC3 Killer Koa
Jeffrey Yong's Seismic 2011 Japan Earthquake Tribute and a Quilt Mah "The Tree" Olson
Old 05-05-2017, 05:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
This thing sounds incredible. I think this is the perfect guitar, the deep bodied OM. It is so sensitive that a light touch makes it purr, but put a pick on it and it fills the room! The bass is strong, the note separation is perfect, the crystalline trebles, and the sustain is for a week! I can't imagine a more pure sound coming from a guitar.

I told Steve that it was impossible for all of his guitars to sound this good, they probably do, but I think they spilled a little extra fairy dust on this one!!! He warned me it may fall asleep when shipped, but I hope it did not, because if this sounds like this while sleeping, I do not think I am man enough to handle it when it wakes up!!!

Well done Kinnaird West!!!! I am one happy camper!!!! I wish all my AGF friend were here right now to play it, I would love to see the reactions!!!
That's great to hear, Tom! Congratulations! Your first paragraph pretty much describes the tonal characteristics of my OM. One of these days we'll have to get them both in the same room together.

And yeah, those boys from Nacogdoches build a pretty sweet guitar......
Old 05-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Tom, Congratulations on your new guitar! I love every part of it. It is just so well done in every way. I knew the tone would be good, but as you said, possibly the extra "fairy dust" was just the ticket. Whatever the case, you're blessed to have such an instrument!

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!
Old 05-06-2017, 07:17 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerRE View Post
I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Can we do a thread? Can I wax on you and '00'?
1st question: sure! 2nd question: I dunno...maybe not?

And thanks Jim and Woody! Glad you guys chimed in.

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 05-06-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Congratulations Tom! It's always nice to receive a new guitar definitely one of the top feelings one can experience in my opinion. Looking forward to hearing some music from this!
Thanks Marcus....It is a great feeling, I enjoy the builds so much, I don't get too impatient, but then when it is ready to ship, wow, I could not wait to get it in my hands and hear those first notes...if I played as you do, I would post a video, but alas that is not the case, but Steve did four tunes for us earlier if you want to hear it from a good player just look back a few posts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerRE View Post
Isn't it fun to finally have it in your hands?!

Steve and Ryan - another killer job! You guys are amazing!
Hey Bob, thanks for checking in. Hope you are well, and yes, this one is special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedeng88 View Post
Another happy ending! Congrats Tom and well done Steve and Ryan!

I don't think we'll be hearing from Tom in a while.
Thanks, between work and the new guitar, my time is pretty well accounted for haha!
Old 05-06-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_pridx View Post
That's great to hear, Tom! Congratulations! Your first paragraph pretty much describes the tonal characteristics of my OM. One of these days we'll have to get them both in the same room together.

And yeah, those boys from Nacogdoches build a pretty sweet guitar......
Thanks Jim, it is really really good. I have played quite a few nice ones at Woodstock and get togethers, and others that I own or have owned and this one has that something a little beyond that the others did not have. I don't know what it is, but something happened down there in Texas and it was good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
Tom, Congratulations on your new guitar! I love every part of it. It is just so well done in every way. I knew the tone would be good, but as you said, possibly the extra "fairy dust" was just the ticket. Whatever the case, you're blessed to have such an instrument!
Thanks Mike, I truly wish we did not live thousands of miles apart, I would love to get this into your hands! I would loan it to you, but hey, I would not want it to get washed away in the rain you guys have been getting (at least that is the excuse I am going to use!!!).

Tom
Old 05-12-2017, 05:34 PM

So I have had the guitar for a couple of weeks. This thing is out of this world good. I can not believe the sound from this guitar. The bass is amazing and sustains forever. The trebles crisp and clear. It is very beautiful with fingerstyle (please listen to Steve's soundclips) and when you put a pick to it, even lightly, it just explodes in a good way. I have a lot of nice guitars, too many as many of us do, this is the first guitar I have owned that I feel kind of bad to own, it is so much better than I am. I hope this makes sense. I feel somewhat remorseful that I know I can not bring out everything this guitar could give to a better player....it is just that good. I have offered to let Steve take it to shows or to have played in demos at events so more people can hear this guitar, it deserves that, it is that good.

Tom
Old 05-12-2017, 09:32 PM

I'm wondering. Does Tom like the guitar? Anyway, congrats. You deserve to be a happy person! And then envy set in...(a good kind of envy).

Last edited by Jobe; 05-12-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:10 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
So I have had the guitar for a couple of weeks. This thing is out of this world good. I can not believe the sound from this guitar. The bass is amazing and sustains forever. The trebles crisp and clear. It is very beautiful with fingerstyle (please listen to Steve's soundclips) and when you put a pick to it, even lightly, it just explodes in a good way. I have a lot of nice guitars, too many as many of us do, this is the first guitar I have owned that I feel kind of bad to own, it is so much better than I am. I hope this makes sense. I feel somewhat remorseful that I know I can not bring out everything this guitar could give to a better player....it is just that good. I have offered to let Steve take it to shows or to have played in demos at events so more people can hear this guitar, it deserves that, it is that good.

Tom
Wow Tom! Albeit unusual, that is quite the endorsement. But I would say, just use that feeling as impetus to practice and grow into it. I'm sure you will!

Now I am really on the edge of my seat. Before mine got started I told Steve tone was highest on my priority list. I wanted a top that was AAAAA! I like good visuals but with that request was my desire to have the best tapping tone and response they could find. It is so encouraging to hear you talk about how yours has turned out. I can't wait to get together and try your guitar!
Old 05-13-2017, 08:48 AM
AGF Sponsor

Tom, thanks amigo--we couldn't be happier!
Since no two sets of ears are the same, it can be a little nerve wracking sending out an instrument. "Will the customer hear what we're hearing? Will they like this?" Thoughts like that can prey on a luthier's mind. So, we are delighted when a guitar and its new owner bond.
It will be interesting to hear this guitar one, two years out, and see what Her voice is like when she opens up. Play it in good health my friend!

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 05-13-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
I'm wondering. Does Tom like the guitar? Anyway, congrats. You deserve to be a happy person! And then envy set in...(a good kind of envy).
Ha, yes slightly, it is really special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Wow Tom! Albeit unusual, that is quite the endorsement. But I would say, just use that feeling as impetus to practice and grow into it. I'm sure you will!

Now I am really on the edge of my seat. Before mine got started I told Steve tone was highest on my priority list. I wanted a top that was AAAAA! I like good visuals but with that request was my desire to have the best tapping tone and response they could find. It is so encouraging to hear you talk about how yours has turned out. I can't wait to get together and try your guitar!
Yes, I guess that was a weird endorsement, I hope people will understand what I meant...really, what was I suppose to do, ask Steve and Ryan to make just an ok guitar for me, haha...i would be very happy for you to get ahold of this, but I know without a doubt you will be experiencing the same awe as I in a few short weeks...

Tom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop