The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-10-2011, 02:32 PM

Default Fenderreissueshop

Hi, has any one bought from the Fenderreissueshop? Is this shop legit? I have e-mailed this shop 4 times now and have no responce, am I doing something wrong or is this shop not exist? Cheers
Old 08-10-2011, 02:51 PM

Never heard of it???
Old 08-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Charter Member

I just viewed their website and it appears that they are a reseller of Fender reissues and not affiliated with Fender in any way. I do not know how legit they are but I will caution anyone who is looking at Fender vintage or reissue to know intimately what you are looking for and looking at. There is a lot of bogus instruments for sale on the internet. This is in no way an opinion of this seller as I know nothing about them. I have newer reissues and they are fine instruments but the collectibles are what you need to be aware of. This looks like an interesting site and they appear to have good information about the early reissues.-- Darwin
Old 08-10-2011, 03:26 PM

Hey cheers guys. This is a concern if you have not heard of this shop. I think they are in Illanoi (not sure if this how you spell it), I can't even find the contact number. I'm from Australia, which makes it that much harder to contact this fella's. By the way, where is Illanoi?
Old 08-10-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongie View Post
Hey cheers guys. This is a concern if you have not heard of this shop. I think they are in Illanoi (not sure if this how you spell it), I can't even find the contact number. I'm from Australia, which makes it that much harder to contact this fella's. By the way, where is Illanoi?
That's Illinois. It is in the Mid-West United States. Chicago is in Illinois. I love your phonetics............
Old 08-10-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
That's Illinois. It is in the Mid-West United States. Chicago is in Illinois. I love your phonetics............
Cheers mate, thats for being on the other underside of the world Yes, Chicago Illinois is what I'm after. Cheers
Old 08-10-2011, 06:19 PM

OK, I just looked at their website. Here's what they do: They specialize in selling Fender "classic reissue" models made in California between 1982 and 1990. This can be somewhat misleading since some "reissues" were not made exactly to the model's original specifications. For example, early Telecasters and "Nocasters" were made with a 7.5 inch fretboard radius, whereas the "reissues" used a flatter 9.5 inch radius. Pickup specs on early Telecasters were all over the map, as long as they read plus or minus 10% of a given DC resistance, as measured by a volt meter. This ranged anywhere from 9k Ohms in the early 50's, down to about 7.5k Ohms in the mid-60's. So if they tell you that their pickups confirm to original Fender specs, I'd scratch my head about that, since nobody knows exactly what they were.
I imagine that much the same is true about Stratocaster reissues. I'm not sure about the pickups, but I know the fretboards have anywhere between a 9.5 inch and 12-inch radius... and that's NOT Fender's original specs.
Not that any of this matters. If you're happy with a particular guitar, go for it!

Last edited by zabdart; 08-10-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:19 AM

Cheers zabdart, actually I am trying to contact them for a acoustic guitar they have for sale. I have not had any success in contacting them, they are not answering my e-mails and I can't find a contact number. I'm just wondering if they are still operating, everything on their websight seems to be in order, but they are not very quick in trying receive good Aussie dollars . Cheers mate

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars