The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 03:17 AM

I imagine they probably send Ms Crow a box of the printed up labels which she signs en-masse and then build the guitars according to demand?

Hear some footstomping acoustic blues at pistolpetewearn.co.uk!
Old 12-03-2016, 06:51 AM

My question is how is she able to get her hand in the sound hole to sign. Must be uncomfortable as heck.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothead56 View Post
My question is how is she able to get her hand in the sound hole to sign. Must be uncomfortable as heck.
Just forget I even asked the question since this has become a jk.

It was just a simple question on how can all these acoustics be signed by her when it's a protection model. Every SC CW I run into is signed. I was just wondering if the model is limited since she could not possibly sign every label for every guitar produced.

Just forget it.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:34 AM

My friend Zeo, you have to remember this is a guitar forum not a neurosurgeon's advice line. No one is bleeding to death here waiting for very important surgical instructions . For the most part, we try to keep it light around here. However, if you go back and read my second post in this thread I believe I answered your question. I told you how many guitars were made in the first run and yours was near the end of the first run so that gives you an idea of how many labels Ms. Crow signs.

Some people agree to sign labels for a signature series in exchange for a portion of proceeds going to their charity. Others, do it out of ego or some other reason. Sit back, take a breath, and be happy that someone actually responds to a question posed. Insert winky face and smiley face here . Then admit that slothead's response was magic.

Last edited by DenverSteve; 12-03-2016 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:45 AM

If Gibson follow the Martin model re limited editions, the Op is correct to assume that Sheryl Crow will not have signed every label for every Gibson that carries her name.

The Martin Clapton 000-28 EC is a standard instrument (ie, unlimited run) and the label has a photocopy of Clapton's signature.

The limited edition Martin Clapton models are however genuinely signed by EC (often along with a Martin CEO) - in these cases EC will have been sent 500 labels to sign.

Clearly, as the OP states, an unlimited model run will not have a genuine signature on it - Gibson/Martin won't keep sending batches of labels to the artist on a continuous never ending basis.

Rich
Old 12-03-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronfield View Post
If Gibson follow the Martin model re limited editions, the Op is correct to assume that Sheryl Crow will not have signed every label for every Gibson that carries her name.

The Martin Clapton 000-28 EC is a standard instrument (ie, unlimited run) and the label has a photocopy of Clapton's signature.

The limited edition Martin Clapton models are however genuinely signed by EC (often along with a Martin CEO) - in these cases EC will have been sent 500 labels to sign.

Clearly, as the OP states, an unlimited model run will not have a genuine signature on it - Gibson/Martin won't keep sending batches of labels to the artist on a continuous never ending basis.

Rich
Thanks Rich

You worded it better than I could. But yeah I got my answer. It was probably signed for a limited number of them as someone suggested. I just keep seeing them online here and there and they are always signed in sharpie... the CW model. So I was just confused as to how limited are the singed ones since Gibson isn't sending her Labels to sign every month. It is what it is, so thanks all.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronfield View Post
Gibson/Martin won't keep sending batches of labels to the artist on a continuous never ending basis.
I'm curious as to why not? How many Sheryl Crow models did Gibson actually shift? A few thousand a year?

I've done more tedious jobs than signing labels for smaller financial rewards than a percentage point on a high end Gibson acoustic....

Hear some footstomping acoustic blues at pistolpetewearn.co.uk!
Old 12-06-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeo828 View Post
Just forget I even asked the question since this has become a jk.

It was just a simple question on how can all these acoustics be signed by her when it's a protection model. Every SC CW I run into is signed. I was just wondering if the model is limited since she could not possibly sign every label for every guitar produced.

Just forget it.
Just be glad there is some semblance of decorum here and it is upheld by the mods. The humor is better than being called names or attacked personally as in most other forums.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 12-06-2016, 08:36 AM
Guest316

This is going nowhere -- Closed. Refer to post 18.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion