The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 09-22-2015, 12:09 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Fretboard Summit - November 6-8, 2015 (Bay Area)

Really excited to share this... This November 6-8, we’re throwing a pretty amazing event in the Bay Area, between Santa Cruz and San Francisco at the Costanoa Resort. I hope to see some of you there.

http://www.fretboardsummit.com/home

The FJ curated this festival and we were inspired as much by the TED Talks as other guitar festivals as Healdsburg. Mainly, we wanted to get some of our favorite subjects, musicians and readers in one place to share knowledge and have fun.

During the day, we’ll have some truly great builders and historians giving lectures and presentations. Speakers include Bill Collings (Collings Guitars), Dick Boak (Martin Guitar), Paul Reed Smith, Richard Hoover (Santa Cruz Guitar Co.), Dana Bourgeois (Bourgeois Guitars), Jeff Traugott (Traugott Guitars), Tom Ribbecke, Howard Klepper, Michael Gurian (Gurian Instruments), Stu Cohen (Music Emporium), Jim Baggett (Mass Street Music), Richard Johnston (Gryphon Stringed Instruments), and Mark Stutman (Folkway Music). Topics range from the early days of guitar collecting, to restorations, conversions, tone woods and more.

During the evenings, we’ll be treated to some stellar live music on the main stage. We’ll see solo performances from David Crosby (!), Bill Frisell, Bryan Sutton, Joe Henry, Shelby Earl, Blake Mills, Jamie Stillway and Courtney Hartman. Each artist will perform, we’ll talk to them about their guitars and careers and, with any luck, we’ll witness a first-ever collaboration or two between some of acts. On Sunday, we’ll be hosting an early morning guitar swap and be treated to a duo performance by Chris Eldridge & Julian Lage.

Tickets are extremely limited as crowd control is the last thing I want to worry about. I want everyone to have a great time. Costanoa is gorgeous and there are numerous spaces we're dedicating to jamming, trying out guitars and interactive exhibits. For those who can’t make it, we’ll be filming and recording some of the presentations to share on the web.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases